Hey guys, I've been looking at some old pieces of native american jewellery and wondered what sort of tool you'd need to create the lines and patterns on the silver, for example on this..

etsy.com/uk/listing/168027838/vintage-navajo-sterling-silver-petrified?ref=sr_gallery_24&ga_search_query=navajo +vintage+jewellery&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_page= 15&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

Would it have been engraved or stamped? Sorry if this is a silly question. I've had a look at punches but can't seem to find one that is a straight line.

And would the same tool have been used to make the marks on the silver balls on this..?

etsy.com/uk/listing/194174798/old-vintage-navajo-stamped-sterling?ref=sr_gallery_8&ga_search_query=navajo+v intage+jewellery&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_page=16 &ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

Also I've been trying to set some unusual shaped crystals and wondered what you lot think about using glue, are there ever times where it is necessary to hold the stone in place? I've got a bunch of quartz wands and find that if i try and set them with a bezel cup at the end they just fall out.

Thanks!