Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with Creating lines and patterns on metal + stone setting

Hi Leah, I would recommend that you abandon ready made bezel wire and buy strip cut from sheet instead, as I said above.

For your druzies the simplest way is to concentrate on a smooth and snug surround, soldered onto a backing. As they are opaque, you can then use a little five minute epoxi to hold them in.

A little light box constructed from a cheap LED cupboard light as below, helps you to check the fit. I also enclose a picture of one of my crystals drilled to mount the decorations.

Just for me, I wonder whether you could please post future links ready to click on? Dennis
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ml Version 2  Light Box And Collet.jpg   Agate Drusi Ring (1).jpg   Onyx Pendant.jpg   Amathyst Chrystal Pendant.jpg  

Thanks caroline! I'm looking at needle files as we speak. And George your work is stunning, that ring is really special! Making a light box sounds like a very good idea as I tend to make my bezels a tad big without realising until its too late. I tried to post the full link but apparently you need to have posted 5 times in the forum to be able to put proper links in threads but now I have discovered this I'm sure that won't take long