Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help! I've looked everywhere!

Dave,
    I must have missed this post previously, sorry!! I have just checked whats available from one of my suppliers here in NL. I can order 9x6 mm if this is of interest before you start tooling etc. Maximal length is 50cm but you can order multiples. I can provide you details to set up your own account, or I can order it for you. I will also pm you...

Lesley
    Last edited by art925; 07-10-2014 at 01:25 PM.
    Poor old Les

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    No plan survives contact

The idea to swage down the tubing like that is similar to using a drawplate, the major difference being that with a drawplate the tubing is under tension so cannot crumple. Under compression, that might be an issue.

Volume in = volume out, but *very* roughly (treating it as solid wire), you're reducing the cross-sectional area by around 50% so expect the length to double.
    Thanks Peter,

Yeah...the whole crumpling thing was a matter of some debate here.

Quote Originally Posted by art925 View Post
    Dave,
    I must have missed this post previously, sorry!! I have just checked whats available from one of my suppliers here in NL. I can order 9x6 mm if this is of interest before you start tooling etc. Maximal length is 50cm but you can order multiples. I can provide you details to set up your own account, or I can order it for you. I will also pm you...

Lesley
    You Sir are a bloody star!

Yes please....and info would be good.

Much Thanks

Dave