Thread: Von den Himmel.

Default Von den Himmel.

The mention of meteorites on my recent thread, reminded me of a story from my visit to Inhorgenta.

I told this on the other forum some years back, but it did not have much of a response. So pour yourself some tea, take a biscuit and I’ll try it on you.

A large and famous gemstone company had quite a selection of meteorite fragments, not very expensive and there seemed to be an opportunity to buy something really unusual.

I asked the sales lady where they came from. She looked up at the ceiling and replied ‘from the ski’.
    ‘No no’, I said ‘which country?’ she replied ‘I vill ask’. So she called over a man and said something in German. He looked up at the ceiling and said ‘Von den Himmel’. She said something more and he replied ‘Von Amerika’.

So I bought it and brought it home. No one in my family was in the least interested in this apparent scrap of iron. My daughter who was studying physics wouldn’t go near it in case it was still radioactive. So I binned it.

I guess by now, someone somewhere is living in a house on a land fill site, over my trophy from outer space. Dennis.

So it was you who was responsible for that piece of Kryptonite that ended up under my house, Dennis. My insurers will be in touch in due course.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kryptonite1.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	6540

Hahaha....very good....here is an image of meteorite jewellery I saw not long ago....http://ilovesciencestore.com/silver-...e-pendant.html

Ha! Reminds me of my physics teacher who during a talk on radioactivity got out a lead lined box and removed the specimen inside so we could see a geiger counter go nuts. He said "I know none of you are wearing protective gear, but by the time any of you got sick from it, I will be long dead".

Very good Lydia. And when you meet those old teachers later in life, therein so pathetic.