Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What On Earth?

It's quite brilliant, Dennis. I like that you've used five-fold symmetry for the connecting struts, much more interesting than the more obvious four. I've been musing on circles and spirals and orbits lately and I love this interpretation. My only quibble - and this is a very personal foible of mine - is that the attachment rings for the chain look a little like ears. Listening for the music of the spheres, perhaps?

The slider is ingenious, so much cleaner than an adjustment chain.

Hi (I'd like to have inserted your name here).

Thank you for your interesting comments. It's the detail that keeps me awake at nights, or at worst makes me backtrack if it doesn't work well. As for the jump rings, the decision to have them that way round was that they could simply be tucked under the back, flat on a block for soldering, simultaneously with the ten tube settings.

I take your point though about ears though and shall warn the wearer not to get wax in them.

As for the continuous chain, Should the wearer get fed up with pulling it over her head, plan be would be to add a hook to engage one of the ears. Dennis.

What an amazing necklace Dennis. You must be proud! Just last week we took the kids to see the Lovell telescope where they had a model of the planets on the ceiling and you could orbit all the planets using a handle that was connected with a series a cogs. An idea for your next necklace maybe? =P
    Sian Williamson

Quote Originally Posted by BarryM View Post
    A really god interpretation of the brief, but where are the asteroids?? 😄
    The mention of asteroids reminds me of and old joke.....How does the solar system keep its trousers up? It uses an asteroid belt!, or my personal solar system funny...how does the man in the moon cut his hair? Eclipse it!

Thanks Sain.

It's stand up comedy in your next life, Steve. Dennis

Thank goodness it's not my destiny in this life Dennis!! I can see the tumbleweed drifting in the wind already!!

Thats brilliant love that!

Thats really cool! what a great idea.