Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Venting!

ahahahahaha! no wonder the woman is barking! She has a twilight obsessed emo teen! Punishment enough maybe.

PS: awesome mad detective skillz, Trialuser!

Quote Originally Posted by trialuser View Post
    And another thing!
    I just did a google reverse image search and found this
    It talks of the pendant being polished on the outside and rough on the 'inside', so it has a back!
    Probably fed up as she realised she could have bought it for $15!
    That's interesting! So it is a box with a grid soldered on the front. It would be worth sending this to her and pointing our the valid issues.
    Why on earth did she not want to pay the original $15, it's all sounding a bit dodgy now. Maybe there is no daughter and she just does this to claim refunds

Claiming back what you spent doesn't strike me as very lucrative with silver pendants.
    That was a clever bit of sherlock Holmes, I'd have a bought a $15 ready made & sent that
    Last edited by Gemsetterchris; 31-08-2014 at 12:54 PM.

Had she sent me this one, I'd have known exactly what she wanted

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Paramore-Nec...item20eb8dea2b

I also thought it was a grid on top of a box with a back, which is exactly what I did for the second one. I can see why she wasn't happy but she does have to take some of the blame as I'm obviously not the only one who saw it differently to what it actually was.

I hope the daughter is really acting up. Serves her right.

The last time someone tried to ruin my life was when my daughter kept a horse. Another mother accused her of hitting her horse, when in fact Vee had been shooing it back from the gate to avoid it escaping. It turned really nasty and the mother found out where I worked and made up stories about me which resulted in me having to go through a 6 months investigation. She was found out to be a liar in the end but she put me through hell. About 6 months later, the local paper reported that she had embezzled £25,000 from the company she worked for and as it wasn't a first offence, she was sent to jail. It also turned out that she had stolen the horse from a riding stable. I did feel a wee bit smug!

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post

I also thought it was a grid on top of a box with a back, which is exactly what I did for the second one. I can see why she wasn't happy but she does have to take some of the blame as I'm obviously not the only one who saw it differently to what it actually was.

If she had asked you to make that one Carole then she would have had a right to be unhappy but she didn't, it really isn't your fault. The pictures that everyone is posting without too much difficulty are definitely much clearer than the one she sent you and it still asks the question why didn't she just buy one of those. It does look nicer in that photo than hers too!
    Try not to let her upset you any more, I know that's easy to say as I'm the worlds biggest worrier, but she isn't worth it
    Last edited by CJ57; 31-08-2014 at 01:07 PM.

Sounds like a bit of misunderstanding by a frustrated mother to me & the daughters fault..not that taking it out on you helped much.
    Maybe offering to fix the problem this once will clear the air & then move on.
    I personally would try to be nice one more time just to get a positive result.
    If you still get hassle just ignore it.
    Last edited by Gemsetterchris; 31-08-2014 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post

The last time someone tried to ruin my life was when my daughter kept a horse. Another mother accused her of hitting her horse, when in fact Vee had been shooing it back from the gate to avoid it escaping. It turned really nasty and the mother found out where I worked and made up stories about me which resulted in me having to go through a 6 months investigation. She was found out to be a liar in the end but she put me through hell. About 6 months later, the local paper reported that she had embezzled £25,000 from the company she worked for and as it wasn't a first offence, she was sent to jail. It also turned out that she had stolen the horse from a riding stable. I did feel a wee bit smug!
    what is it with Horsey types? Almost every bit of aggro my daughter has had (other than men!) has involved horses.

I'm guessing the woman wanted it in silver (maybe because the daughter wanted/needed a silver stash to test for vampires and/or kill werewolves) which is why she went for a commission rather than the ready mades which don't seem to be silver.

If you do do another fix as per Chris's suggestion (and I wouldn't personally because I'm a bit of a cow like that), maybe send her the link to the ebay one AND the other one with the back on it and to double check that is what she wants but don't do anything until she returns the other two.

It sounds like she might be just trying to get a free piece of jewellery or at least a substantial discount. Maybe the plan from the offset?
    She seems like the the kind of customer that goes into restaurants; puts hair in the food & then complains to get a free meal
    Her language and tone is completely disproportionate & unless she's been cursed with a devil child, I can't imagine most 13 year olds having a melt down over this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucie View Post
    I can't imagine most 13 year olds having a melt down over this.
    <hollow laughter>

Quote Originally Posted by medusa View Post
    <hollow laughter>

Really lol?? My kids wouldn't bother attempting it - unless they fancied extra maths homework every night for a week