Hi again folks ',;~}~

My wife's white gold wedding band, a Celtic 3 strand weave/braid design has badly oval-ed and developed a couple of tiny cracks where the design is cut as one 'strand' (it's not truly woven it's just a design and the ring is one solid piece) goes under the other...

She really wants *me* to repair it.<gulp!>

I don't work with gold so don't already have white gold solder and AUflux, and it's quite expensive for our terribly low income budget.

Since the repair would only involve annealing, pickling, re-rounding, then a couple of tiny chips of solder applying from the back of the cracks/inside of the ring to seep in and consolidate the damage, is there any reason I should def. not use a hard Argentium silver solder for this job?

Obviously she would be fully aware of how the repair was made so there's no deception involved, and the low tarnish of Argentium silver plus the tiny amount used should make it at least all but invisible, plus the relatively large difference in melting temperatures should mean even if I have an 'absent moment' I'm not likely to ruin or even damage the ring = will reduce my sweat-factor greatly too.

Anyone foresee any problems or anything I've missed here please let me know!

Thanks once again!

Shaun/FloWolF