Thread: Rose Gold Wedding ring

Default Rose Gold Wedding ring

Hello everyone,

I've had someone contact me asking if I can make a 3mm rose gold wedding band. They asked for court/halo shape which confuses me as I thought they were two different shapes all together. Anyway I've only every worked with silver and 9ct white gold, Is there any surprises waiting for me working with rose gold? Can you polish rose gold with polishing compounds that say they do gold and silver? Is it soft or harder than 9ct white?

Any info would be so handy to know!!

Thanks everyone

Jon

Hi Jon. There is no hidden problem, really. For all intents and purposes treat it like silver, but if you want to be sure of a perfect join, you might buy matching solder and solder on charcoal.

Rose/red gold has been much discussed here this year so if you want to read up on it look at some of these threads:

http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/sea...earchid=396917

regards, Dennis

Thanks dennis, i cant seem to get that link to work? Is it as soft as silver rosegold?

Cheers

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by JonLendrum View Post
    Thanks dennis, i cant seem to get that link to work? Is it as soft as silver rosegold?
    Sorry the link worked when I tested it, but now it don't. Put the word Rose into the search box top right and you'll find the threads.

No it's just a gold alloy with a little more copper, found as 9 or 18 ct. Not very romantic described like that though. It doesn't smell of roses either. Dennis.