Hello,

Me again!

I am having some trouble with my ultrasonic marking my jewellery requiring me to then re-polish.

I have a JPL Ultra 7000 and I use sea clean 2 with this, half a cap full. I am having problems with both the machine and the fluid.

I have narrowed the problem down to find out which is causing the problems, and it turns out they both are.

I tried using the ultrasonic with warm water alone, and it leaves faint white marks near to edges, but only in certain places, the marks are light and can be seen in natural lighting. The marks don't come out with a polishing cloth but if I give it a quick polish with rouge and a buff and the marks come out……….. but then the piece needs cleaning again……… and will then get damaged in the ultrasonic again. The marks are always in different places, but only in 1 small place each time.

I have tried using ultrasonic fluid in warm water in a cup and leaving the piece to soak, and I get white stain patterns on the jewellery which again cannot be removed with a polishing cloth. The marks are very different though.

I put my pieces on their jump ring and chains and suspend it from a pole resting over the top of the machine. I have checked there is nothing bashing in to each other and the piece is not touching anything.

Is it because my ultrasonic is cheap? I would purchase an expensive one if I know this is the solution, but I don't want to spend out hundreds to find I have the same problem :S
The ultrasonic works amazingly if it wasn't for this problem!

Thanks,
Hannah