Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultrasonic Damanging Jewellery

What solution would you recommend?

So long as you're not averse to using ammonia Carole, this stuff is excellent.....http://www.eurofindings.com/Product/...ion-Ammoniated, ......I then rinse in clean water and drop in the drier http://www.suttontools.co.uk/heated-sawdust-dryer.html ......I very rarely get any marking (which I have had in the past with the same ultrasonic), if I do get marking, literally a gentle wipe with a cloth and it's gone.

Thank you Jill. I'll try that.

The one I'm currently working through is a non-ammonia one; gut feel is that ammonia-based ones do a better job from limited experience with them.

I am still in the process of determining what tools and equipment is worth having and bought a rather cheap sonic cleaner. I use bottled water, fairy and ammonia mix and it works rather well.

... are worth having. Sorry, English is my second language and I always get the is/are bit wrong.

I'd get in touch with Elma's Technical Support if I were you, Carole, and give them details of the problem. I'm sure they'll be able and willing to shed some light on it.

Quote Originally Posted by FineJewelleryandArt View Post
    ... are worth having. Sorry, English is my second language and I always get the is/are bit wrong.
    So do a lot of people who would claim it's their first language.

Well I can report that the cleaning solution that Jill recommended works brilliantly. No more film on my silver and everything super shiny and clean. The ammonia stinks a bit but is OK if you keep the lid on the ultrasonic. Ammonia is the way to go!

I might switch to that, although I need to finish off the stuff I've got at the moment first. Seems to be fractionally cheaper from Walkers than Eurofindings although the shipping from Walkers is quite high.