Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Goldsmith's fair 21 September -to- 05 October 2014.

Default Goldsmith's fair 21 September -to- 05 October 2014.

Hello, everybody

Well, I was planning for IJL 2014 but couldn't be able to visit. Came to know about Goldsmith's fair 21 September -to- 05 October 2014. How about this fair ? What type of show is this ? Do anybody here exhibiting in this fair ?

Thank you all for your valuable inputs/information... IN-ADVANCE,
    _/\_Jasdir.
    Jewelry for today's world,
    Whereby, style following the pattern of traditional world !

Goldsmiths' Fair is totally different from IJL, as it's a retail selling fair, rather than a trade buying fair. http://www.goldsmithsfair.co.uk is the link to the web page where you can see the names of those who are exhibiting. This year we're also doing some breakfast talks on a variety of subjects, including one from yours truly! We also have a mini "assay office" set up, so you can bring along an item and we can test it for you for free. We'll also set up a marking bench so you can see whats involved in hand marking, and even have a go yourself if you like! We're trying to set up a laser too, but I'm not sure if that's going to be do-able yet, but that would be quite cool if we can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveLAO View Post
    Goldsmiths' Fair is totally different from IJL, as it's a retail selling fair, rather than a trade buying fair. http://www.goldsmithsfair.co.uk is the link to the web page where you can see the names of those who are exhibiting. This year we're also doing some breakfast talks on a variety of subjects, including one from yours truly! We also have a mini "assay office" set up, so you can bring along an item and we can test it for you for free. We'll also set up a marking bench so you can see whats involved in hand marking, and even have a go yourself if you like! We're trying to set up a laser too, but I'm not sure if that's going to be do-able yet, but that would be quite cool if we can do it!
    Hello, Steve.
    What do you mean by saying.. including one from yours truly! ?

one from ME!!!!!
    sorry...it's an old English expression!

one from ME!!!!!
    sorry...it's an old English expression!
    Oh!

Steve, if am visiting this fair with the motive of seeking and sharing Jewellery-making study. Do you think this fair would be beneficial for me to visit ? how big is the fair and how much time do I need to attend this fair ? (Suppose planning for one day)

On the website you'll see the requirements for exhibiting, and you'll get an idea of the sort of people who are exhibiting. Some of them are quite new to the trade, whereas others have been making for a long time. There is an enormous amount of talent and skill on show, and I'm sure the exhibitors would be happy to talk with you, but do bear in mind this is a selling event, and it's always very busy, so whether they would have the time to spend with you to discuss their skills I'm not sure. Anyway, have a look on the site, and also have a look at our website http://pan3sixty.co.uk/virtual_tours...staircase-hall here for example is a link to a 360 degree virtual tour of the hall, which is the location of the fair. It's not a huge venue like IJL so you can easily do it in a day, with time for lunch on site!

This fair is actually quite small, but changes exhibitors in the second week. I usually visit during the first week only and find an hour of browsing is enough for me.

The purpose of visiting would be to see the work of top jewellers and some silversmiths, mostly from the UK. It would be bad form to engage them in conversation when there are genuine customers at the stand. You do get to take away an illustrated catalogue included in the entry price. The nearest underground station is Saint Pauls.

Regards, Dennis.

All the jewellery and silverware for sale are hand made in the UK.....

On the website you'll see the requirements for exhibiting, and you'll get an idea of the sort of people who are exhibiting. Some of them are quite new to the trade, whereas others have been making for a long time. There is an enormous amount of talent and skill on show, and I'm sure the exhibitors would be happy to talk with you, but do bear in mind this is a selling event, and it's always very busy, so whether they would have the time to spend with you to discuss their skills I'm not sure. Anyway, have a look on the site, and also have a look at our website http://pan3sixty.co.uk/virtual_tours...staircase-hall here for example is a link to a 360 degree virtual tour of the hall, which is the location of the fair. It's not a huge venue like IJL so you can easily do it in a day, with time for lunch on site!
    Thank you, Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    This fair is actually quite small, but changes exhibitors in the second week. I usually visit during the first week only and find an hour of browsing is enough for me.

The purpose of visiting would be to see the work of top jewellers and some silversmiths, mostly from the UK. It would be bad form to engage them in conversation when there are genuine customers at the stand. You do get to take away an illustrated catalogue included in the entry price. The nearest underground station is Saint Pauls.

Regards, Dennis.
    Ok, nearest underground station is "Saint Paul's",
    And how far Goldsmith's fair is from Saint Paul's ? and how to come from Heathrow-Airport to Saint Paul's ?