Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Goldsmith's fair 21 September -to- 05 October 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by susieq View Post
    The hop on hop off bus tours are separate from the London Underground system and usually don't include the cost of travel to and from London/Oyster card. They are a good way to see the main sights in a day, but relatively expensive. If your time is limited you may prefer to research what you want to see and just stick to that. All depends on how long you are staying in London and how much of a tourist you want to be :-) Susie
    Firstly.. thank you for giving me this valuable guidance, Susie.

Actually.. I will not be a long tourist in London. Am having just one day plan. My arrival is 07:00 am and departure is 21:20 pm same day from Heathrow-Airport-London. Thus I don't think I need accommodation. Am planning for two things during this time-stay. 1st-Goldsmith's fair, 2nd-Bus tour (To see London-City). Goldsmith's fair opens at 11:00 am and Bus-Tour I don't know which time is good for that, but I want to cover these two things before my departure.

_/\_ Guide a friend, Please
    Jewelry for today's world,
    Whereby, style following the pattern of traditional world !

Plenty of travellers do visit the centre of London on a stop-over between flights, but you do rely on your inbound flight being in on time and no delays through passport control/ immigration. As an example, it took my chinese daughter in law 2 1/2 hours last year as immigration decided to question the purposes of her visit ...... .

As a beginner to jewellery making I really enjoy going to Goldsmith's fair and seeing what others are doing, but whilst stall holders are happy to talk to you, they are after all there to sell. If your visit is a stop-over en route to elsewhere, then it's worth going to, but if you are making a special trip all the way from India just for the one day, hoping to be able to make contacts and network your own skills there, then in honesty I think you may be disappointed. Just my thought, but don't let me put you off.

Re the hop on hop off buses, this site seems to review the various tour operators - http://www.londontoolkit.com/blog/da...tseeing-buses/

The only time to avoid buses is rush hour. Which should really be called very very slow hour and lasts way more than an hour!

Susie

Quote Originally Posted by susieq View Post
    Plenty of travellers do visit the centre of London on a stop-over between flights, but you do rely on your inbound flight being in on time and no delays through passport control/ immigration. As an example, it took my chinese daughter in law 2 1/2 hours last year as immigration decided to question the purposes of her visit ...... .

As a beginner to jewellery making I really enjoy going to Goldsmith's fair and seeing what others are doing, but whilst stall holders are happy to talk to you, they are after all there to sell. If your visit is a stop-over en route to elsewhere, then it's worth going to, but if you are making a special trip all the way from India just for the one day, hoping to be able to make contacts and network your own skills there, then in honesty I think you may be disappointed. Just my thought, but don't let me put you off.

Re the hop on hop off buses, this site seems to review the various tour operators - http://www.londontoolkit.com/blog/da...tseeing-buses/

The only time to avoid buses is rush hour. Which should really be called very very slow hour and lasts way more than an hour!

Susie
    Thank you for all that information, Susie
    Jewelry for today's world,
    Whereby, style following the pattern of traditional world !

What days are you doing your talks? I'm going to come along I think for the first weekend, this will be my first jewellery event and I'm very excited to browse the wonders of peoples talents. Cant wait

Have a look on the Goldsmiths' Fair website, as it lists all the breakfast talks that are on every day of the fair. http://www.goldsmithsfair.co.uk/events/breakfast-talks
    I'm talking on Sunday 28th so that's the first weekend! You need to buy a ticket to come along to the talks, which you can do through the website. The ticket also gives you entry to the fair as well.
    Look forward to seeing you there if you would like to come along