Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Goldsmith's fair 21 September -to- 05 October 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasdir Singh Jaura View Post
    Ok, nearest underground station is "Saint Paul's",
    And how far Goldsmith's fair is from Saint Paul's ? and how to come from Heathrow-Airport to Saint Paul's ?
    London Underground runs from Heathrow Airport into London. St.Pauls is close to The Goldsmiths Hall. Online maps give you a lot of information.
    http://www.inlondonguide.co.uk/under...tube-maps.html

Also check out Google Maps; https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.5146078,-0.096849,18z

James
    Last edited by Goldsmith; 15-08-2014 at 07:12 AM.

it's two minutes walk from St Pauls tube station.

From Heathrow airport take the underground "Piccadilly" line (its dark blue on the underground maps) through to Holborn. Change at Holborn to the central line (its red on the underground maps) to St Pauls.

Thank you, Steve and Goldsmith.

I also want to know that what is the mode of payment accepted by tube stations for tickets ? Do they accept Cash or only cards ?
    Jewelry for today's world,
    Whereby, style following the pattern of traditional world !

I also want to know that what is the mode of payment accepted by tube stations for tickets ? Do they accept Cash or only cards ?
    You can use cash to buy either single tickets or what is called a travel card. If you buy a travel card at Heathrow it allows you free travel anywhere in London on the tubes all day.

Yes and Goldsmiths hall is in Foster Lane altogether a bout 4minutes walk from the underground, if you find the right exit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Yes and Goldsmiths hall is in Foster Lane altogether a bout 4minutes walk from the underground, if you find the right exit.
    It means St Paul's underground has many exists. Does these exists have numbers ? which is the correct exist towards foster lane ?

Quote Originally Posted by Goldsmith View Post
    You can use cash to buy either single tickets or what is called a travel card. If you buy a travel card at Heathrow it allows you free travel anywhere in London on the tubes all day.
    I searched on net. There are two types "Peak" and "Off-peak". Still confused which one to buy.
    I have a day plan which includes hip-hop bus tour and visiting Goldsmith's fair directly from Heathrow-Airport. My flight will reach London Heathrow-airport by 7:00 am.

Suggestion please.

if you land at 7am you will have to get a "peak" ticket...off peak only allows you to travel at certain times of the day...usually the quiet times....from memory its after 10am and before 4pm. The peak tickets cost more, but allow you to travel at any time of the day.

You can buy an Oyster card at Heathrow. There's a £5 deposit on the card which is refundable if you have time to return it at Heathrow when you leave, together with any GBP balance you have on the card. If you hand over £10.00 GBP at Heathrow when you arrive, then you will get £5.00 credit of travel on the card. This can be topped up with cash (GBP) or card. £5.00 will not get you very far in the rush hour (week days before 9.30 a.m), but the Oyster card is the cheapest way to travel in London, accepted on both buses and tubes. Oyster cards can be topped up at most tube stations by card or cash. If you have a foreign credit/debit card though and you put small amounts on each time, then of course you will end up paying lots of transaction fees courtesy of your bank. The credit on your Oyster card stays with the card forever, so if you come back to the Uk in 5 years time, then any credit should still be there (unless they change the rules). Oyster is definitely the best ticket to get to travel around London. Travel time from entering the underground at Heathrow to exiting central London is a good hour.

Don't worry about the travel for now; rather focus at the moment on accommodation which can be hideously expensive here.

Susie

I searched on net. There are two types "Peak" and "Off-peak". Still confused which one to buy.
    I have a day plan which includes hip-hop bus tour and visiting Goldsmith's fair directly from Heathrow-Airport. My flight will reach London Heathrow-airport by 7:00 am.

Suggestion please.
    The hop on hop off bus tours are separate from the London Underground system and usually don't include the cost of travel to and from London/Oyster card. They are a good way to see the main sights in a day, but relatively expensive. If your time is limited you may prefer to research what you want to see and just stick to that. All depends on how long you are staying in London and how much of a tourist you want to be :-)

Susie