Thread: Future Plans

Default Future Plans

Well I am considering reserving a trade stand a year from now, next August at the Great Dorset Steam Fair. Not to sell fine jewellery, but to possibly sell simple handmade etched copper pendants with some sort of steam fair related designs, key fobs, etc. basically handmade trinkets people might like as a souvenir from the fair. I suppose steampunk jewellery might be a good seller as well. I just feel the need to push myself and set a goal, just as the monthly competitions keep me in the workshop coming up with new ideas when I otherwise might put it on hold.

I know from in the past helping people out at craft fairs selling it was mostly the low cost merchandise that were the real money makers. And of course I'm not at a level of jewellery making yet that I want to be. I want to earn a bit of money to purchase the more expensive jewellery making tools I can't afford, (like a rolling mill) etc. So I don't know, what do you think of this idea? Have I gone completely mad?

I think it's a good idea Sandra as long as you don't sell your stuff too cheap. Craft fairs are how many of us started.

Thank you...I will probably ask for advice on pricing once I come up with some products to sell!

Good for you, Sandra. Sounds like great adventure.

Great idea - and good luck. I do one local fair regularly, and it's great to get feedback face to face. I'm doing my first 'big' fair (Made By Hand) this autumn, and I don't think I'd have been brave enough without doing the smaller ones first. Hope it goes brilliantly x

I also think it's a great idea, go for it! I've been to a few steam rallies and never seen handmade things like you're planning to sell, I'd imagine they would be very popular. Look forward to seeing some of your products