Thread: hi from the midlands

Red face hi from the midlands

Hi, I'm new to this forum. My name is Louise and I make beaded jewellery and accessories which I sell at craft fairs and events. I also do bespoke orders and have a website which is currently being updated and is taking a very long time!!! I'm also mum to 3 boys and a gorgeous golden retriever. Does anyone else juggle a million things at once?:p

Lightbulb How do I start a new topic of discussion???

Hey guys I'm a technology novice, I know it's sad - but how do I start a new discussion topic as opposed to simply replying to everyone elses topics etc. Help???

Loving this new forum though, lovely idea haha!

Welcome Justlulu
    Angel85 this is what you need to do.
    Browse to the main forum screen & select the area you wish to Post to
    e.g. Introduce Yourself
    Click the New Topic button (positioned by default at both the top and the bottom of the board (takes you to the Start new Topic screen).
    Enter your subject and start to type (or paste) your message into the main text area (a message missing either a subject or a body will not be accepted for posting until it has both).
    You can
    Spell check it by clicking the ABC tick in the top left corner (it may download the spellchecker app)
    Post it by clicking the Post button
    and/or preview it first by clicking the Preview button.

Hope that helps
    Nicola x
    Monthly FREE entry giveaways on Blogs!
    Shop Blog: http://muranosilver.blogspot.com/
    Silver Clay Blog: http://pmctips.blogspot.com/
    View images of my work on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/muranosilver

Hi Louise,
    I'm also a Midlands girl - and juggle looking after mum in law, doing lots of veg growing and fitting in doing beading, and learning new things, but I love it.

What is your favourite beading stitch? I have only learnt spiral stitch so far, but keen to learn others (not easy following them in a book though, I get my fingers and beads all mixed up! haha

I have so far only sold my stuff at a local village hall, but am keen to find good craft fairs/events in the area. I've been to a Made in Shropshire event in Shrewsbury that was excellent, but nothing in a Staffordshire direction.... Any ideas?

happy beading
    Jules
    Last edited by Petal; 16-07-2009 at 08:32 PM.

Default beading stitches

Hi Jules, I know exactly what you mean about trying to follow what it says in the beading books! I've just learnt peyote stitch and that's very easy (phew) and I did do a lesson recently on spiral stitch but we ran out of time and I never did learn how to finish the darn bracelet off (grrrrr) so it sits with all the other unfinished projects... I normally make charm style jewellery and sell them at Leicestershire craft fairs and school fairs so I'm quite new to the world of bead stitching! Got any hints and tips for a girl who is all fingers and thumbs???

xxx
    justlulu

hi louise welcome ...

Hi Lulu! I have done beading in the past and would do it as a distraction from something else or as a challenge, but find it takes tooooo long (it must be the way I do it). So think you must have lots of patience!!!

Talking

Hello Lulu, welcome to the forum! I not juggling nearly as much as you are but I still struggle to get much work done... the curse of working from home probably