Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diamon geezers and gold dealers.

Thanks for the link Goldsmith - will see what I can track down.
    I was disappointed with the programme, focussing as it did on a couple of chancers, failed in one venture trying it (on) in another.
    Yes, the lady doing the cleaning certainly seemed to work for her money, but cleaned up too, so to speak.
    Craftsmanship featured, but it was very much a bit-part; still interesting to see.

No pearls so I'm afraid I lost most of my interest. (not that I'm obsessive you understand)
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

I just watched it now. I'm fairly amazed at how little profit the 'geezers' got! There must be better ways of earning a living. Also, all the stuff like teeth and whatnot all melted down like that…. isn't it refined first?

But I enjoyed it.

Just started watching it. I think I met Leigh the other week at the Goldsmiths' Centre.
    On the gold buyers I have a fundamental problem - their entire business model feels like it is based on relying upon people not knowing what their gold is actually worth, I don't see much added value.

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    Just started watching it. I think I met Leigh the other week at the Goldsmiths' Centre.
    On the gold buyers I have a fundamental problem - their entire business model feels like it is based on relying upon people not knowing what their gold is actually worth, I don't see much added value.
    If the price is changing twice a day though, who does know the value? If it were me, I'd have held onto it in the hopes the price would rise in a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by medusa View Post
    If the price is changing twice a day though, who does know the value? If it were me, I'd have held onto it in the hopes the price would rise in a few days.
    Can't say the geezers seemed very business savvy, just in a hurry for a quick buck

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    Can't say the geezers seemed very business savvy, just in a hurry for a quick buck
    To be honest, they come across as amateurish and not terribly savvy in any sense, let alone business. Made me wonder how they could manage to feed their kids, let alone actually live and work in London.

Finally managed to watch the rest of it. Hmm. The parts on the reclamation were probably the most interesting bits - I ended up freeze-framing the invoice so I could read it all!
    As for the rest... Bleh. As usual, I'd like more workshop time!