Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Polishing compounds

Default Polishing compounds

Hi,

Just wondering what polishing compounds people use? Are tripoli and rouge the best or do people use other dialux compounds?

Thanks

Most of us use Menzerna these days.

I didn't get on at all with Menzerna so I stick to Luxi - mainly because of they're water based so clean up, both of pieces and me, is easier.

Luxi blue & white at the moment with me. I made the switch over from rouge & tripoli a few months ago and can honestly say I'll never go back to using it for polishing. I've kept the rouge to make a solder blocker (not sure what the correct term for it is called, that's just what I call it. I mix a little rouge in a pot with methylated spirits, then paint it onto joints where I do not want the solder to flow).
    I find Luxi to be a fantastic polishing compound.
    Sian Williamson

Am a Luxi convert. Blue and white (and the orange is lovely).

Thanks - so you would recommend the blue and white luxi - what would the orange one be used for? Should I only buy blue and white or should I have others too? Thanks.

Going between Luxi and sometimes back to tripoli and rouge if I can stand the mess.

Fabulustre is what I have always used. Says on tube that Tripoli isn't required as will get scratches out and is a final polish. Polishes up to a nice shiney finish but I do find I have to use Tripoli sometimes. However I've no experience of any other compound other than rouge and Fabulustre isn't as messy. I am tempted to buy a starter pack of luxi though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
    Fabulustre is what I have always used.
    Looking up Fabulustre, I came to Esslinger's site and was struck by how easy and entertaining it was to browse. The whole point for me is to come across items I haven't met before and didn't even know I needed. Dennis.

http://www.esslinger.com/fabulustre-...ound-tube.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Looking up Fabulustre, I came to Esslinger's site and was struck by how easy and entertaining it was to browse. The whole point for me is to come across items I haven't met before and didn't even know I needed. Dennis.
    What I also find depressing is how cheaply you can get products in the U.S. that we pay through the nose for. For their GRS stuff, for example, Americans are paying less in dollars than we are in pounds.
    Rip-off Britain!