Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello !

Wow - love your rain cloud jewellery Lauren !!

I always get bangle strips hallmarked and then form them. I've never noticed that it distorts the mark - it's still readable. It's the only way to be able to finish and send out personalised items quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    I always get bangle strips hallmarked and then form them. I've never noticed that it distorts the mark - it's still readable. It's the only way to be able to finish and send out personalised items quickly.
    Ah caroleallen - that's what I thought so I'm glad you have not had any problems - because I have not started selling anything yet, I suspect that when I do the orders could come in drip feeds, so sending blanks in bulk I thought would be the 'easiest' and 'cheapest' way !

I guess it depends on where the mark is struck? Don't forget you can choose where you want the mark located and if it's do-able then we'll do it, so It would be best to locate it on an area which isn't going to be bent too much?

Me too,hello!

Hi peppermint I'm glad you've asked the questions you have as they have been on my mind a while also. I''ve always wondered whether if I made a piece, let's say a ring, with a stone would I hallmark it once finished or before setting the stone ... but I suppose it doesn't matter so long as the assay office sees all of its components.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk