Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Is there a "wrong" in creativity?

I don't think we are particularly slagging off the brand just that it's is really expensive for want it is, a mass produced fairly lightweight bit of work that people are willing to pay for because it has a name.
    We all probably have the skills to make it and no doubt someone has been asked to copy a bead but why would we want to!
    Maybe the women are also looking at it from a different perspective, husbands seem to think we might like a bit of bling, having said that mine now has good taste and he learnt that really quickly. He has now stopped buying me jewellery from our favourite designer shop because I know what their mark up is and I know exactly what the jeweller gets and so does he which is a shame

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    . He has now stopped buying me jewellery from our favourite designer shop because I know what their mark up is and I know exactly what the jeweller gets and so does he which is a shame
    So you f*ed that bit up

Haha, no not in a good way Caroline I have been asked to make one to fit the P bracelet before though, but not a copy =)
    Sian Williamson

Quote Originally Posted by Gemsetterchris View Post
    So you f*ed that bit up
    I did kinda but they were also seriously overpriced so saved him some money

Same for most things in shops, that's why they end up closing down..it'll be be all online sooner or later.
    Some do take the biscuit abit, rather they added 25% or whatever rather than automatically
    50+ serves em right.

This one has been going a long time now and I know their mark up was around 120 % but I don't know what the more recent owners do. She is a jobbing jeweller and they have good stuff from all over so think they will continue to survive

120% . Good for them Lol.

I think the villains of the piece are the landlords actually. They do very little except charge 'market rents', which can rise steeply if the area suddenly becomes fashionable.

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    That's the phrase I was looking for - "avant garde".
    Is that French for crap?

I am a landlady with several properties, and a huge mortgage on each, if the tenant doesnt pay, we cant pay the mortgage. Properties were my "pension" as if anything happens to hubby I only get a small proportion of his army pension, even though he did 22 years and is now 50% disabled because of injuries in the first gulf war. We dont make much profit on them, as it all goes back in repairs etc,.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I think the villains of the piece are the landlords actually. They do very little except charge 'market rents', which can rise steeply if the area suddenly becomes fashionable.