Thread: International Jewellery London 31 Aug- 2 Sept 2014.

Default International Jewellery London 31 Aug- 2 Sept 2014.

Hello, All.

Am planning to visit "International Jewellery London 31 Aug- 2 Sept 2014" at Olympia London. Anyone here familiar with the show please do guide me somethings about this show, like..

Q1: What is the show all about ?
    Q2: Can I make purchases at the show ?
    Q3: Can I develop import, export relations here ?
    Q4: Is this the place to introduce my Jewellery ?
    Q5: How far is Olympia from South-Hall, London (Just asking this because i will be staying at south hall in London )

or

Any of your guidance/knowledge will be very helpful for me, Thanks in advance.

_/\_Jasdir Singh Jaura.

Jewelry for today's world,
    Whereby, style following the pattern of traditional world !

IJL have their own website where you can find lots of information http://www.jewellerylondon.com
    You can certainly place orders at the show - some exhibitors will sell you stuff straight off the stand, but usually they are there to take orders
    Yes of course you can get lots of contacts!
    If you want to exhibit your jewellery you need to contact the organisers and pay for the stand, but I would think by this late stage there will be very very few stands left - people book their stands months and sometimes years in advance!
    The website will give you directions on how to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveLAO View Post
    IJL have their own website where you can find lots of information http://www.jewellerylondon.com
    You can certainly place orders at the show - some exhibitors will sell you stuff straight off the stand, but usually they are there to take orders
    Yes of course you can get lots of contacts!
    If you want to exhibit your jewellery you need to contact the organisers and pay for the stand, but I would think by this late stage there will be very very few stands left - people book their stands months and sometimes years in advance!
    The website will give you directions on how to get there.
    Firstly thank you for your reply, Steve.

How much time do I need to see the complete show ?

Hi Chinu, Southall is well known for its distinctive Indian restaurants. It is near London Heathrow airport and there will be buses and trains into Central London.

Most stands will not sell to you immediately at IJL as Steve has already said, but you can place orders. An exception is the gemstone section, where you will see crowds browsing and buying. There is also a large diamond section from Hong Kong.

For myself I do all I need in about 2-3hours, but you might regret it if you don't allow two days. Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Hi Chinu, Southall is well known for its distinctive Indian restaurants. It is near London Heathrow airport and there will be buses and trains into Central London.

Most stands will not sell to you immediately at IJL as Steve has already said, but you can place orders. An exception is the gemstone section, where you will see crowds browsing and buying. There is also a large diamond section from Hong Kong.

For myself I do all I need in about 2-3hours, but you might regret it if you don't allow two days. Dennis
    Dennis, as this is the first time am visiting London, so am not interested in booking any stall/stand there. This time only as a visitor i would like to.
    Please also tell me how far is Birmingham from London ? Can I go there by train ?
    London or Birmingham, being a Jeweller/Goldsmith which place would be more of interest for me to visit ? please shed some light onto this

Last edited by Jasdir Singh Jaura; 04-07-2014 at 11:06 AM.

I tend to be able to view the show in about 5 hours, but I that is targeting certain interests and a bit of general 'day-out' browsing. If it was my first visit and travelling from so far, I would allow 2 days as Dennis suggests. As has been said, gem dealers sell direct, others are generally by order, Steidle, a german tool company will sell small tool sundries direct,....in terms of showing your jewellery, you would definitely need to book a stand, I think I did see in the last day or two that some designer stands were still available.

Birmingham is about an hour and a half by train from London Euston to Birmingham New Street, you can walk (about 10 minutes) or change train (go to Moore Street Station 2 minutes walk from New Street) to the Jewellery Quarter. Do you have particular things that you want to see in either Hatton Garden or Birmingham's Jewellery Quarter??.....I can probably give you some pointers to companies in Birmingham.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby66 View Post
    I tend to be able to view the show in about 5 hours, but I that is targeting certain interests and a bit of general 'day-out' browsing. If it was my first visit and travelling from so far, I would allow 2 days as Dennis suggests. As has been said, gem dealers sell direct, others are generally by order, Steidle, a german tool company will sell small tool sundries direct,....in terms of showing your jewellery, you would definitely need to book a stand, I think I did see in the last day or two that some designer stands were still available.

Birmingham is about an hour and a half by train from London Euston to Birmingham New Street, you can walk (about 10 minutes) or change train (go to Moore Street Station 2 minutes walk from New Street) to the Jewellery Quarter. Do you have particular things that you want to see in either Hatton Garden or Birmingham's Jewellery Quarter??.....I can probably give you some pointers to companies in Birmingham.
    Really thank you for all this information, Tabby