Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: spinner ring

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Default spinner ring

Attachment 6332

I don't often accept charity requests, for obvious reasons - especially as a low income threshold is always a challenge. However, I do support animals, and have agreed to donate this specially made for an auction. Not sure if I can link it to here, but it is an open auction on FB. so I thought I would just share it here and say the link is available on the front page of my website for the next two weeks (6th July), until the auction closes

Made with silver and some extremely lovely lighter sapphires I acquired that do not match with each other - what better way to use them up?? Flush set on a wavy internal ring to fit the spinner part

goes off to those lovely peeps at LAO next week with a new batch of recent makes.
    Last edited by Wallace; 21-06-2014 at 10:29 PM.

I saw that on FB, it's really pretty. I hope it raises pads of money!

That's really loverly Wallace. Hope they realise the value of what you've made when they auction it.

thank you Mrs M and Carole - it has got a decent bid on it, so all is good.

Really pretty Wallace! I'm sure it'll raise a ton. I still can't flush set for toffee. Or indeed anything!
    It can be rewarding (if skint making!) - my best friend's dad died earlier in the year, whilst I could not afford a big donation to a cancer charity, I made a piece for Tenovus to auction at one of their balls (they happened to email me the week he passed away) - it made £200, so I was really pleased.
    It had two garnets signifying my friend and his dad, seperated by a path (keum-boo again).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1978775_640747282640696_787613778_n.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	6333
    Unfortunately I've also given pieces to charities, and you never hear anything again, which just sucks as it's nice to at least here how fund-raising events have gone.

Quote Originally Posted by LydiaNiz View Post
    Really pretty Wallace! I'm sure it'll raise a ton. I still can't flush set for toffee. Or indeed anything!
    It can be rewarding (if skint making!) - my best friend's dad died earlier in the year, whilst I could not afford a big donation to a cancer charity, I made a piece for Tenovus to auction at one of their balls (they happened to email me the week he passed away) - it made £200, so I was really pleased.
    It had two garnets signifying my friend and his dad, seperated by a path (keum-boo again).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1978775_640747282640696_787613778_n.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	6333
    Unfortunately I've also given pieces to charities, and you never hear anything again, which just sucks as it's nice to at least here how fund-raising events have gone.
    that is just beautiful Lydia. I am glad it reached a good price.

I did one after my gran died, with wings and little stones - for Macmillan (my gran was a Nurse for them) they were bad at responding. But after a fashion wrote back with the proceeds. I suppose it was at that point, I thought I would scale offers back. This, however, is very open and that did help.

I bet I could get you setting flush in no time. Do a swapsie for Keum-boo! lol

I'd certainly love some tips, I think I drill at jaunty angles :-/

Use ball burrs and no one can see how jaunty the angle was...

Both pieces gorgeous.
    Hope your ring goes for a lot Wallace - love the wavy edge - makes it a bit more special.

Fab ring Wallace! I've not tried flush setting since my stone setting course - worried I've forgotten how.