Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Selling in Galleries

Oh well at least mine has only 2 jewellers and we have a case each albeit unlit and lacking in display

yes, thats not so bad having your own display cabinet!
    The cabinets at the gallery Im at are crammed full...though he does have the artists/jewellers name put beside each piece of jewellery on a nice card....
    The other thing is he keeps asking me for more and more work because it is selling well.....I dont intend to put anything more in his gallery for now until I see how things go...I have another gallery I will be sending jewellery to soon, so I will concentrate more on it for now...
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    Oh well at least mine has only 2 jewellers and we have a case each albeit unlit and lacking in display

If it's selling well and he's asking for more, he should be happy to pay up front for it...

I have had a good gallery thing today, the lady who runs the one I sell in has just bought enough of the stock I sent (prior to it even going on the shelves) that I can afford to pay for my stall at Made By Hand this autumn (was getting close to deadline and I was getting a bit angsty!) and get some materials in to actually make things. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by LydiaNiz View Post
    I have had a good gallery thing today, the lady who runs the one I sell in has just bought enough of the stock I sent (prior to it even going on the shelves) that I can afford to pay for my stall at Made By Hand this autumn (was getting close to deadline and I was getting a bit angsty!) and get some materials in to actually make things. Yay!
    Hurrah!

Edit: apparently hurrah is too short a message to post, so also yay!

Yayyy, thats great news Lydia!! Galleries do have their good points!

Quote Originally Posted by LydiaNiz View Post