Thread: This Sound familiar?

Default This Sound familiar?

On Saturday we went to the London Coliseum, for the opera Benvenuto Cellini. Cellini is a bit of a tearaway and a sculptor. The plot hinges around the rivalry between Cellini and a more favoured but less able artist for the commission by the Pope of a large cast sculpture and the hand of the soprano, of course.

Cellini wins the commision, but is threatened with execution if he fails to deliver the statue on time.

The final scene takes place in a huge foundry with workmen stoking a furnace and breaking up metal. At the last moment they realise that there is not enough metal to complete the job:

Cellini orders his apprentices to sacrifice all his stock of statues and jewellery to save the casting. In the panic, the overloaded crucible explodes, but the metal begins to flow and the casting is successful.

Cellini is saved and even better, the Pope pays up, so he can at last pay his workforce. Love Duet--- The End. Dennis.

Sounds pretty much like my every day life as a tortured artistic genius, minus the workforce of course!

Note to Pope: I am available for commissions at very reasonable rates

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaC View Post
    Sounds pretty much like my every day life as a tortured artistic genius, minus the workforce of course!

Note to Pope: I am available for commissions at very reasonable rates
    Hahaha.....I like it Emma!!!!.....and the very worthy touting for business!!