Hi all,

I am back with yet another tedious business related question!

Do you use an inventory and pricing software? If so, which one?

I have recently bought the "Jewelry Designer Manager Pro" software and have found it to be very dissappointing. I am wondering if anyone else uses it? I'm sure I've seen postings about it before, but not sure where.

The main problem is that is uses a US pricing formula (and it is really odd!) to price finished jewellery and there is no flexibility to change this. It allows you to override and calculate your own prices, but that kind of defeats the whole object of the software. It basically means that I may as well keep my current Excel spreadsheets with pricing for finished jewellery and in that case there is no reason to have this "glorified inventory system" as I already have that, albeit in a simpler form, also in Excel.

So, my question is, if you use this, how do deal with the odd way of calculating prices for your finished pieces. Or do you use something else?

Would really appreciate people's input on this, I am ready to ask for a refund, but I would really like to be able to sort the problem instead...

Cheers,
Carin