Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm New!

Default I'm New!

Hi. I'm jenna, a 2nd year jewellery student from Birmingham. I appear to be the first person to comment on this forum which is cool. I'm assuming its new, found you accidently actually. Been using cooksongold site for a couple of years now and like their work.

I look forward to chatting with lots of interesting people in the future!!!

Default Hello

Hi
    I'm a Designer based in reading, a year on from my jewellery course .. I think I'm getting the hang of soldering, but by no means an expert! Work mainly in silver, make lots of earrings (there nice and easy) and have recently tried selling my pieces at local fairs. Limited success.

Default Third one here

Hi I'm gill just started out making, finding it exciting but at the same time frustrating! Week 5 of my course and I beginning to get the hang of some things. Trying to make a silver ring as my first proper piece.

Default I'm a newbie

I love my jewellery. I'm what I'd call a freelance deigner and jewellery maker. Enjoying life. Would love to chat to you guys about jewellery. Looking forward to it!!!

Default Reading during the week

Hi

I am just starting out; have been fascinated with jewellery / bullion / gems all my life. I am a programmer by day and a jeweller by night. I am working on contract in Reading, so spend all week away from my family, which means I can indulge my hobby rather more than if I were staying at home. I only have a modest bench, but I'm adding tools all the time - I do like tools... Next on my list is a mill...

I'd post a link to some of the stuff I've done, but I don't think I'm allowed to yet. Google will probably find me.

Noel

Hi Noel,
    Gr8 to see guys like who make jewellery for the love it as well the day job. Glad to hear you're getting in to it!!! It gets better the more you achieve

I know I can't wait until I can start posting links too. Says you only have to make 15 posts then we can post as many links as we like which is cool. Might just post lots of links today and tomorrow so I can start showing some work off etc.

Lau

Default If I keep replying to this thread....

I am sure I'll reach the required 15 posts in no time at all...

Where can I see the stuff you're making?

Hello,
    I've been designing and making silver jewellery for a few years.

I'm glad cooksons has a new forum, it will be nice to meet lots of other jewellery enthusiasts

Hi, I'm Bee!

I took several silversmithing courses about 7 years ago and have since incorporated lampworked and fused glass into my skillset.

I currently work as a 3D Design Technician in a university, having ditched my well-paid but stressful job as a Telecoms Analyst this year. (Wooo!)

Now I've got lots of toys to play with and I intend to make full use of them...

Thank you CooksonGold, for setting up a forum!!

Default Lindsay's arrived

Good to see lots of interesting people. This forum should really get busy considering its hosted by cookson. I really have struggled to find good mainstream jewellery forums so good work cookson.

I'm an aspiring jewellery maker. I've not been making for long, however jewellery has been a passion of mine for many many many years. At the moment I'm not really confident enough to be selling my stuff through proper channels but I will - maybe one day. Looking forward to chatting.