Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm New!

Hi! Great to see this forum too. I only started silver jewellery making at evening classes 9 months ago but I absolutely love it. Have made a few items for friends and myself and have already got carried away with buying tools and other bits and pieces. Certainly an addictive hobby!

Looking forward to finding some great tips on this forum from the professionals :-).

Red face New as well

Hi its great to see so many people already on the site. I have only just found out about it through an email from Cooksons. I completed my two year course last year and although I work full time teaching Care I spend my spare time making silver jewellery and attending craft fairs to sell it. I really love hearing the comments from the public when they come to the fairs and it helps when making other designs. This is my second year doing fairs and although I have had mixed results on the whole not bad. I also really love looking through the web site at Cooksons to decide what piece of equipment I must have next. Thinking about cold enamels next has anyone tried them yet and if you have are they any good.

Hello from Devon! Jewellery designing is my full-time job and I work mainly with gemstone beads and wire. I've been selling my work online for about 7 years now ~ I started off on eBay and now sell on Etsy and my own website, as well as having a small jewellery boutique here in Ilfracombe.

Hello! At last, a british jewellery making forum! and hopefully a busy one too

My Name is Nikki, i'm living in Lancaster, and i've just started out making silver jewellery. I'm a huge fan of the steampunk style, although not technically good enough to execute it just yet. Hopefully i'll get better at it.

Default Hello

Well, where do I start?
    Oh yes, at the beginning.
    I have been doing a night school that evolved into a daytime class for the last 30+ years. It doesn't mean I'm very good. It means I enjoy it. Over the years I've tried all sorts of techniques, made all sorts of things, found what I like and don't like doing. For instance, I hate filing, but sawing I just love.
    I love making chains and all my family and friends laugh at me because I wear so many on my wrist - all the time. It's hard though. I make something & I want to wear it.
    At the moment I'm into making pendants using fordite. If you don't know what fordite is, just google it or look on ebay. It's super.
    This last year my enthusiasm for jewellery has really returned. It's such a shame the college shuts down for the summer. I do try and do stuff at home, but it's difficult.

Default New to the fold...

Hey, as you have probably guested I am also new! I'm a jewellery student from the Midlands. Not too bad here, heard bad things before I moved up here. Looking forward to chatting with some fellow jewellery fanatics...

Default I'm new too...

I did a silversmithing evening course last year. Really enjoyed it, and my triumph/reason for doing it was to design/make my fiances engagement ring which was very successful in the end (although I didn't trust myself to set the stone as we were only taught cabochon settings and were no way near that point at the time).

In a couple of weeks I'm doing a stone setting course though as this is what I am really interested in at the moment.

It's interesting reading everyone's intro's as there are so many different backgrounds besides straight jewellery/craft types as well. I'm in pharmaceutical marketing/export in my full time capacity. I make for leisure at the moment, but would love to turn this into something on the side one day...

Hello from Suffolk!

I started jewellery making so I could have jewellery I can actually wear (cursed allergies!) and now I'm selling it! It's still just a hobby, but hopefully one which will pay for itself

~Rosie

Hello Everyone, nice to meet you!

How to find replies to the posting, if there are private messags