Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm New!

hey
    just joined.. from Ireland,starting up my own bussiness after working for years for someone else-the joys of being your own boss!!.. cant wait to get a mill too Noel!

Default Hi - I'm Lorraine

I've been doing a jewellery making course since September and buying myself equipment ready for retirement (partly retired in September and heading for full retirement this year). Looking forward to seeing what others are making and improving what I am doing.

Hey

I'm new too, will be going into business with my jewellery over the next few months. I have been working full time as a Web Developer so haven't had the time to take it too seriously but I finish on the 17th July and then I will be self employed. Can't wait! Excited about this forum, looks like it will be a great resource!

Lucinda x

hey everyone =D
    also new here but who isn't right now? i did 3 years of jewellery at leeds college of art and design after finding i didn't much like general art, and i'm loving it, mostly a hobby but i'm hoping one day to turn it into a business when i can be bothered getting off my bum and doing it.

currently i'm enjoying making complicated weave chains, it's jewellery and a logic puzzle at the same time, tomorrow who knows? teapots?

Default Hiyerr!

Hi Guys, im looking forward to being a part of this new forum, it looks fab.
    you all seem extremely friendly and interesting. Yaey Cooksons...

Im Hannah. I have been making jewellery for a few years now, i did a degree in contemporary crafts and moved on to teaching myself resin skills, which i now mix with Silver to create my bejewelments. Currently living in Dorset but moving to Cornwall in the near future

looking forward to meeting you all.

Hannah x

Hi Hannah,
    where did you do your contemporary crafts course?
    I did Design: Crafts at Staffordshire Uni. I graduated in 2004.

It was great cos it was so varied.

Smile

Hi Alexandra.
    I went to Uni in Falmouth, like your course it was a very varied....in hindsight i wish i'd taken advantage more of the facilities. hayho.

Missing Falmouth lots hence me and my partner moving back there soon yippiee :p

Hannah
    HannahMary Jewellery
    Website

Default Looking good!

Hey, I registered just a few days ago when there was only a bout 3 or 4 posts on here - gr8 to see this new forum is getting a good response. Lots a interesting members already!
    Look forward to chatting in the future.

I'm Wendy, a jeweller from North Wales mostly working to commission, but hoping to ditch the commissions soon and concentrate on my own designs! Also work as a jewellery tutor and craft curator.

I'm so chuffed to find that we have a jewellery forum in the UK at last! I've been on Ganoksin and a couple of other mainly American sites, the work they make is amazing over there but I've always hoped to find a UK based chatroom!

Looking forward to being able to see everyone's work when we can post links!

Wend

Hi! I'm Sana and I live in rural south-west Scotland. I finished my degree in Jewellery and Metalwork last year (I went to UCA in Farnham).

Glad Cookson's have started this forum - it's great there's a UK based site!