Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Copyright Question.

Thanks Caroline, I am more of a do things in private person and that is what I did, I messaged him, in a diplomatic fashion . I was worried by saying something on the thread it might make him look silly (and of course there was a chance that it was just a silly mistake so would rather do things privately at least initially) however, my saying something on thread as above would have been pointless, because the person who commented on recognising my work - has had their comment removed.

Going to leave it now as it will just make me cross and not a lot to do about it at this stage, no idea what he is playing at, but most odd!

Well it just makes him look silly especially as he has removed someone else's post

Yes, it's certainly not very professional to allow the impression that the item you've photographed is your own work
    Maybe you could contact your client and ask them to straighten it out with the photographer?
    Do you think it is deliberate or simply badly written?
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by pearlescence View Post
    Yes, it's certainly not very professional to allow the impression that the item you've photographed is your own work
    Maybe you could contact your client and ask them to straighten it out with the photographer?
    Do you think it is deliberate or simply badly written?
    Hi,

Well to start with, while I thought it seemed an odd way to do it, I thought it was certainly a possibility of being badly written - though to be fair (and not trying to be unkind at all, just factual) if it was to advertise photography, it really wasn't a good example, as said, my picture was better and I'm not great) so thought that a bit strange too. However I decided to send a friendly and diplomatic message, which has not been replied to, and when someone recognised my work (I guess seen it someone where else as not sure who they are) and said it looked like mine, the comments were then deleted.

I don't really want to involve the customer - but thanks for the idea - it doesn't feel quite right to involve her, particularly as I have no idea who this person is to her. He could be a good friend for all I know, and I have no idea if she may get cross at involvement or the implication of anything.

It's quite strange that I should have accepted this friend request as never do from customers as like to keep things separate - but for some reason I did! The chances are if you have your work public online and are lucky enough that people like it and sells, that someone else is going to copy work. Most of the time you will never know about it - I think that is infinitely better, unless you are actually in a position to do something about it, ignorance is indeed bliss
    Last edited by Animalnutty; 05-06-2014 at 08:44 PM.

That's so unethical