Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Luxi compounds with dremel

Default Luxi compounds with dremel

I want to try the luxi compounds (already bought the green one) and only use a normal dremel at present with a flexishaft, at times.

I've heard some manage ok with various luxis with dremel while others just stick to the low speed ones-purple and green.

Any recs? How well do they work with a dremel or similar?

Menzerna is my polish of choice these days, (have been using for almost 2 years now), with (I think they are) chamois type mops in hard for initial polish and soft for final polish, visibly better results!! (yellow & blue menzerna polishes)

Menzerna for me too.

I use luxi blue, white and orange with a dremel. To be honest Im self taught so i have know idea whether there good or not as i have nothing to compare it to as its all I've ever used. In my eyes I like the luxi stuff however just looking at the menzerna website and they do look like a good range of polishes. Are they a hard compound or a paste?

I use the yellow one and it's hard like Luxi or rouge but much less messy and gives the best shine of them all.

I just wish Cooksons would do the larger Alcantara mops. I don't really like the small ones for the pendant drill very much but the large ones for a polishing motor are excellent. They're a bit expensive though on Suttons as I get through one every two or three weeks.

I like the pendant drill Alcantara ones from Suttons Carole, but yes they are a bit too expensive for me to use all the time. Not tried the big ones yet though.

Spectra, I have used the Luxi compounds with a pendant drill, but find that they work best on a larger polishing motor.

Spectra,

I use the Luxi blue and white ones with a pendant motor but if you don't have any polishing compounds already, I would get Menzerna, that's what I will get when I next need more! Along with a bench motor double mop polisher complete with extractor!

Carin
    Carin Lindberg

Camali Design
    www.camalidesign.com

I'm using the Luxi white & blue with the dremel. Just made the switch over from rogue & tripoli, although happy enough with the Luxi my ears have pricked up about the Menzerna.
    Sian Williamson