Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finishing stamped metal blank

Thanks Dennis, I'll keep practicing with my stamping for now.

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    Sorry, I meant I attach a bead to the jump ring. Its a Swarovski Pearl. Might it scratch the blank over time?
    it will scratch it over time, but the blank will get a bit scratched with wear anyway. Unless a person is committed to polishing their silver every week a dulling of the high polish is inevitable unless the item is coated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    That said you are wise not to shop carefully, because most of us have wasted money on white elephants. Dennis.
    too true. I resisted buying stuff until I could really suss out what was useful and would get used with some frequency. Most of my crap gadgets (like the jump-ring closing pliers) have been cheap, thank heavens.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Shoe repair shops use something similar for dog tags, but it will not pass muster as formal letter engraving on jewellery.
    I think it depends what they use. My local shop uses a gravograph type engraver and it's not half bad. It's not as nice as hand engraved by a long stretch, but it is about a fifth of the cost plus local.