Quote Originally Posted by Wendy Moriarty View Post
The course I did was a 2 year btec and covered design, we did have some lessons and exercises in sketching, some fun, some hard. I have to say my lack of drawing ability didn't hinder me, just embarrassed me, and I never felt judged on my sketching ability only my designs, I think as long as your design can be understood and envisaged you will be fine. We did have to produce some working drawings which have to be exact size and dimensions and shown from front, back, side, top, these are my least favourite, but even I managed to produce one set I'd be proud to show.(a working drawing holds all the information needed to make an exact other piece) I loved my time at college and I was the oldest in our class, some of the research and written work was a bit of a shock to the system at first, I had been a mum for so long and not done any studying for 15 or more years (I did English and maths at an open learning centre when my kids were babies, because they had a free crèche, 3 babies in 3 years I would have studied anything just for the break)would love to do more courses but can't afford to at the present. Good luck I'm sure you will love your course
Wendy
Thank you - it is a BTEC I am doing too level 3 - thanks for the heads up - I hope I will be able to practice over the summer - at least the basic shapes etc.