Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delta

Default Delta

As some people here are already aware, I've been engaged in a process of removing my skills from my employer. Today is the first day of freedom - and it's a very weird feeling.

From now on, I'm taking full control & responsibility for my own work. Training and development are my problem. I'll get customer-facing work, travel when it's appropriate and no intermediaries befuddling communication (well, it'll happen occasionally but it won't be the norm!).

Part of this will hinge around jewellery - I'll be making more of my own work, but I'm now available to take on stone setting and laser work for other jewellers (I've decided I enjoy the problem solving of repairs that no-one sane will even look at). I'll be offering other skills for hire later (might be a slightly weird mix though).

There will also be software-related work going on; I have more time for development of CAD plug-ins (Rhino) and Android app work, so I'll be keeping my hand in on that too.

Should be interesting

Good luck with all of that Peter, it must be a relief to at last be free of all the work hassle, liberating and terrifying at the same time.

Best of luck Peter, I am sure that you will be a success at whatever you turn your hand to.
    Elaine at Mead Moon
    Mead Moon
    My Etsy shop

Good luck Peter - looking forward to hiring you to show me how to use a PUK welder at some point in the (probably very distant) future

Good luck! Exciting times!

Good luck with it Peter. I can already vouch for your stone setting skills. Becoming self employed was the best thing I ever did.

go Peter! Wishing you every success in all your new ventures. I'll be in touch about one of them when I get back to the UK next week...

Ahh, I wondered if this week would be your very first week self employed. Congratulations and enjoy the freedom !
    Jules

God luck Peter, there's nothing like it. Dennis.

Congratulations! exciting times!