Thread: Working when ill

Default Working when ill

I have caught another chest/throat infection straight off the back of the last one. Can't afford any more days away from studio, so went in today despite temperature and feeling like death.
    Shattered a very expensive boulder opal, and destroyed 2 gold settings. Not really very productive, and a lesson learned I think...*grump*

Sorry to hear you're poorly Lydia. It's difficult when you're self employed as you just have to keep going. I've done the same thing and it is counter-productive if you ruin things.

Hope you feel better soon Lydia. My soldering always without fail goes tits-up when I'm not feeling well. Have a bit of a rest, then start over x

Quote Originally Posted by LydiaNiz View Post
    I have caught another chest/throat infection straight off the back of the last one. Can't afford any more days away from studio, so went in today despite temperature and feeling like death.
    Shattered a very expensive boulder opal, and destroyed 2 gold settings. Not really very productive, and a lesson learned I think...*grump*
    Sorry to hear that. If you're continually going down with respiratory tract infections you should probably see your GP and ask for a blood test to rule out any immune problems. I was in a simliar situation, unable to stave off infections, and it turned out my immune system was defective.

Ta, I'm just cross with myself because I knew I wasn't up to much and was over-optimistic! I'm a bit run down I think (Mr is in severe bi-polar flux at the mo so get spread pretty thin and all our sleep patterns go to pot). Tomorrow is another day and all that!

Sending you virtual hugs Lydia.
    Sian Williamson

Aaaw, sorry to hear Lydia, I find that when I'm tired I tend to destroy stuff, then take a look at it again and think oh, bugga, better start again!!!