Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Online ordering from Cookies

Default Online ordering from Cookies

I love Cooksons, really I do, but I get really frustrated with your online ordering. Every time I try to order something, there are always random things in my basket, sometimes from past orders and sometimes not. The time before last, I spent about an hour working out what I needed and placing them in my basket, answered a phone call and when I came back, it had all disappeared! For a busy jeweller, this just adds to the stress.

I often have items in there from before,often things I didn't bother with in the end

I have found a way around that though.If I start filling my basket,even with one item,BEFORE logging in it doesn't happen!

Sometimes there are old orders in the basket so you have to be sure to empty basket before you start. Not sure why this happens because sometimes they are ancient orders ! You would expect that if you have placed an order and it's completed then the basket will be empty for next time, it seems like a very strange glitch in their system. Sometimes I've logged in and there is already £300 in my basket.

I've noticed this a couple of times, Carole; in fact once my whole previous order was in my basket when I logged on. I resolved the problem just by clearing my cookies, I think, but don't quote me on that.
    I suspect the disappearance of your order after a spell on the phone may be a time-out issue - after a certain period of inactivity the basket is automatically emptied. I've experienced this as well. The last couple of orders I've placed I've put the items in my basket before logging on, as Spectra suggests, and only logged on when I want to go to the checkout. The internet is full of discussions about the various ways in which badly designed online shopping carts put buyers off and lose businesses custom.

The main problem I've had with Cookson is getting them to answer a simple product inquiry by email. Three emails about three different products in the last three months have gone unanswered. My latest email (two weeks ago) was about an item costing £300. Their lack of response lost them the sale, I'm afraid to say. They are however very good at indicating their current stock levels, picking orders accurately and sending them out promptly.

I've had similar experiences, but if you log in and go to previous baskets it's usually there somewhere...

One thing that annoyed me the other day was that I buy my 2mm ball chain from cookies, but they don't have any end caps for it, I even did an online chat with them asking for them, they just stock the 1.3mm (?) which i find rather strange...

Carin
    Carin Lindberg

Camali Design
    www.camalidesign.com

Never had stuff disappear but often there is a basket there containing items from historic orders.
    I've nearly been caught out a couple of times by nearly ordering items that I already had.
    Have now learnt to check first but given Cookies otherwise excellent website it would be nice to remove that particular glitch.

Hi

Thanks for the feedback, it is appreciated. We have had the occasional comment about this but have never been able to identify the issue at hand. Can anyone send me a screenshot of items in their basket that they haven't put there? If you can please leave them there and start a new basket so we can run an audit.

As general advice I would clear the basket before use (top right on the home page once logged in and only visible if items are in the basket) and periodically clear your cookies.

With regard to emails, I'm sorry if we haven't got to anyone's email promptly. We try to ensure all emails are answered same day and we have a plan in place to reduce that considerably. Obviously Mondays and the first day following a Bank Holiday can be problematical (we came into over two hundred emails today) but our target is to answer in a much reduced time frame. If anyone repeatedly doesn't get answers your email may have hit our spam filters, feel free to email me (rob.taylor@cooksongold.com) or send us a message via the website or live chat and we'll check your email address.

rgds
    Rob

Hi,

Here is an overview of how baskets work on our site.

If you are anonymous (not logged in) and create a basket, a cookie is used so that the basket can be reloaded when you come back to the site at a later date. If you then log in, the basket is copied over to your account & the cookie is removed.

If you come onto the site, and there are no items in your basket, then log in, the system automatically loads the most recent un-ordered basket from your account. If you have no un-ordered baskets, you just start with an empty basket.

The 'Clear Basket' option doesn't actually delete your current basket, it just starts a new one. So, if you log out and back in again without adding any items, your most recent un-ordered basket from your account is loaded again.

You can delete any un-ordered baskets on your account by going to 'Previous Baskets' in the 'Your Account' section and click on the red cross on any basket that has 'outstanding' in the status.

Hope this helps...

If you have any questions, please ask!

Regards

Dave

Hi Dave
    I only order online and never save a basket to go back to. When I log in my basket nearly always has items in it sometimes for hundreds of pounds and it's usually from years back when I have a look to see what I've ordered. It means that I have to be very careful to empty my basket before I start my order but if as you say this is just starting a new basket and not deleting what is sitting there then those items are going to continually return forever. Surely this is a glitch in the system

I've just read the last paragraph and will have a look but why would I want a basket from 3 years back?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Taylor View Post

With regard to emails, I'm sorry if we haven't got to anyone's email promptly. We try to ensure all emails are answered same day and we have a plan in place to reduce that considerably. Obviously Mondays and the first day following a Bank Holiday can be problematical (we came into over two hundred emails today) but our target is to answer in a much reduced time frame. If anyone repeatedly doesn't get answers your email may have hit our spam filters, feel free to email me (rob.taylor@cooksongold.com) or send us a message via the website or live chat and we'll check your email address.

rgds
    Rob
    Hi Rob, could you check your spam folder as you might find a couple of emails from me there.