Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: St Dunstan

That would really be a miracle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra Tingle View Post
    If you want a hash symbol on a Mac it's alt + 3. Macs are nice but costly compared to pcs, so I've compromised by getting a PC along with an IPad. (LOVE my iPad!)
    # oh it works!

Macs are expensive but they seem to last better than the PCs my friends have. We still have a bondi blue iMac that manages to have chugged along through two teenagers without a hitch. and I need my air book because of all the travelling and bad shoulders.

You shouldn't have any problems with file transfers. I have to use a PC at uni and I go across platforms no problem. Maybe it's an iPad thing. I have never seen the point in them.

Quote Originally Posted by medusa View Post
    # oh it works!
    You shouldn't have any problems with file transfers. I have to use a PC at uni and I go across platforms no problem. Maybe it's an iPad thing. I have never seen the point in them.
    If you use Dropbox you can share the files across all the platforms (Mac, iPad and PC) and share access with other people if you give them permission. I've got Windows on my Mac so that I can use some PC based programs as well as the Mac based ones. I love my Mac!!!!!

Google Drive also allows that functionality. I've got misgivings about Dropbox security that outweigh my concerns about the lack of privacy putting my files under Google control...

I suppose since I only ever use pdf and word my experience is limited, but both of those work fine on my mac. I'm not allowed to use dropbox for uni as its not secure plus I recall there is some issue about who actually owns dropbox files.