Hi,

I am new and make a few pieces every now and then as an interest and for friends/presents. These are usually very simple rings and other jewellery that is as far as my expertise takes me.

I am now faced with a challenge and hoped someone might give me a bit of advice please. My son is getting married in July and has asked me to make silver wedding rings for them both. His is easy and, apart from a few nerves about getting it right, it is a plain band. However, hers is a little more complicated. Having ordered a bespoke engagement ring I need to form the wedding ring slightly to fit the curve of the stone setting. It is not a sharp or very deep curve, not like the beautiful example of the red engagement ring and companion on the forum. Is there any way of being able to bend D shaped wire rather than make a mould. I don't have the equipment for that but do have most of the usual and basic kit for making rings etc.

I hope this make sense and that someone can advise. Many thanks and this forum may get me more involved in the craft and a little more adventurous!

Sara