Thread: Propane regulator

Default Propane regulator

Hey all,

I've not had my regulator very long but tested it with leak detector and it is leaking, eek! I'm really struggling to find a better quality one that will fit the flash back arrestor I have. I've already messed up and ordered one you stick a hose on rather than with a screw end >.< This doesn't look like the right connector but I found it mentioned as fitting a flash back arrestor http://gasproducts.co.uk/acatalog/LP...Regulator.html but I'm really getting into a mess about it!

Kathryn

Where is it leaking from?

The hose tail/barb is probably screwed into the body of the regulator; it may be possible to unscrew it and fit the flashback arrestor to it directly; alternatively, there are adaptors available. You can seal the connections with gas PTFE tape (it's thicker than the plumbing stuff), although I generally don't like using it if it isn't needed.

Are you using oxy-propane? If it's air/propane - e.g. Sievert - you don't need a flashback arrestor - they're only for when there's a chance of forcing pressurised O2 down the fuel line (or vice versa for the O2 line).

I can't remember offhand if the tail will be LH or RH thread BTW.

It is one like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lpg-Gas-Ho...item5d4c6b3b1f and it is leaking from the seal on one corner on the main part of the regulator rather than at a connection.

I'm using a little smiths with an oxycon and propane so the flash back arrestor fits directly on to the torch very usefully.

Ah, I thought you had the Hamilton one. Send it back. I wouldn't regard those as user-serviceable and it's not acceptable for it to leak from a seal.

I think I will but I wouldn't mind ordering a new one to arrive soon I miss my torch! EDIT: I just googled propane regulator and flashback arrestor and saw a picture from my blog, that is the first time that has happened to me totally weird and not helpful! Anyway here is my current setup
    Last edited by Kathryn Harrison; 29-05-2014 at 12:39 PM.