Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why has it taken me 40 minutes to find the ''post a new thread button''

Default Why has it taken me 40 minutes to find the ''post a new thread button''

WHY is the ''post a new thread button'' not on the ''new posts'' tab??? are these not connected why do I have to go to a sub tab and a ''sayhello??'' does my head in because I can never remember where it is, it's not obvious enough???!!!!!

You might not have it right. the sequence is:
    Sign In-- Forum-- Say Hello (or whatever)--Post New Thread (top left). Time spent about 10 sec0nds.

Welcome to the forum, Dennis.

How would you choose to specify which subforum the post went in?

Perhaps the "New Posts" name is slightly confusing for a newcomer. It means posts that have been recently added (new), not "make a new post".

Carin
    Carin Lindberg

Camali Design
    www.camalidesign.com

My inderstanding is that you click on forum, choose a category that you want to post in and click create new post.
    I rarely do this clicking on today's posts to see if I want to contribute to a post that is already there or just read them. I don't suppose there is an easier way for a forum with so many categories but you get the hang of it.
    The answer is to say signed in or I'll always be asking what my password is!!

Thought it was only me I've got the hang of it now, but it took a while.
    In some ways it would be easier if there was a tab at the top to "post a new thread" with a drop down menu for the different question categories, but I think a lot of these forums seem to have a standard format so it's probably just a case of trying to remember how it works (think this probably took me longer than most!).

exactly lucie, thanks for all the replies, why is there not just a button under the cookson gold forum advert in the top left like you said, I've realised that by the time I've posted one thread, then another idea I have questions about pops up, by the time I find the post new thread button again I'm seething, because the last place I'd expect it to be would be in ''quick navigation'' then ''sayhello'' but oh well guess just need to get used to the page lol :P

also just realised now if I'm on the forum I can just click someone else's tab and then that produces the post a new thread button, just never thought to do that so erm yeah I look a bit of a donut, won't take me 40 mins in the future :P

This mechanism for posting threads is standard to vBulletin (and other forum sw) - you pick which subforum to post in and create your post there. The only other way I can think of doing it is if your "post new thread" button expands to a drop-down allowing you to choose the subforum; I'm not certain that would make for a great user experience.

Tapatalk won't let you start a thread.
    Or will it??

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2