Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Repairing Holes.

Default Repairing Holes.

Hi All, I've had a quick hunt through the old posts & can't find an answer - I assume this is because there isn't one, but just in case.....

Is there any way fill in small holes in cast pieces, without having to send them off to be lasered?

Thanks

I'd like to know if there is a way to have larger holes filled as well. My caster 'helpfully' suggested filling with solder. ~facepalm~

A rotary burnisher might help with some, you might be able to fill them with solder (eww).

It's only one little hole but it seems a shame to leave it. I'm way too much of a perfectionist I usually solder with hard solder paste (hangs head). Do you think that would do it?

Quote Originally Posted by medusa View Post
    I'd like to know if there is a way to have larger holes filled as well. My caster 'helpfully' suggested filling with solder. ~facepalm~
    Think I might know who you mean lol. I'm getting on great with Just Castings but I'm still having issues with hidden bubbles in my waxes. Going to do a bit of experimenting. I'll let you know how I get on

If you need help on the porosity, feel free to give me a shout.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucie View Post
    Think I might know who you mean lol. I'm getting on great with Just Castings but I'm still having issues with hidden bubbles in my waxes. Going to do a bit of experimenting. I'll let you know how I get on
    I have one useless casting still (useless because it has holes all over the inside and they put a huge big sprue on the outside) and I am owed for two large bangles which I returned because rather than sprue-ing on the original (enormous) sprues they asked me to leave on in order to make the moulds, they decided to sprue in another place, again on the front. I'm leaving it until after I've submitted my thesis. It was just too much hassle and distraction, but i was really happy with the service from Niagra Falls.

What about soldering in a piece of wire and filing it down if that's possible

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    What about soldering in a piece of wire and filing it down if that's possible
    Thanks Caroline, that's a really good idea. Think you might have solved the problem (yay).
    Now just got to solve the mystery of how to stop the bubbles in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    If you need help on the porosity, feel free to give me a shout.
    Sent you a message Peter