Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4mm round claw

It's all about equalling out materials, you'd be better off putting a £25 moissanite in silver for the same effect.
    A half decent diamond is about 7-10 times the price & isn't really worth wasting on a cheaper setting that hasn't much durability.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

I do have a half decent diamond. It got taken out of an old engagement ring where the shank was ridiculously thin and bendy. I don't do yellow metal it doesn't suit my skin tone. So silver it is. I've tried substituting diamonds in rings before and they're never quite right so diamond it is. I appreciate your opinions but the ring will be mine and I want silver, and I don't consider what I want a waste. I'm not doing this to sell, I'm doing it to look pretty on my finger.
    Last edited by wheely; 10-05-2014 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wheely View Post
    I don't do yellow metal it doesn't suit my skin tone. So silver it is.
    You could try white gold instead perhaps.

I dont think for one minute that what you want is a waste, but I feel the point may of been misinterpreted its just silver is soft compared to gold and a silver setting is not as durable as a gold unless you have a thicker setting which will make the stone look smaller which seems a shame with a nice diamond,but as you said its yours you can do what you want thats the best thing about making your own !!

9 ct white gold is beautiful and looks much like silver. It is not hideously expensive, but will outlive silver by years. Dennis.

Of course you do whatever you like, I just hope you don't regret your choice of material.
    I've nothing against diamonds in silver, just that size & especially in a claw setting just doesn't make any sense...best of luck.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2