Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Saw blades

Anna, I agree, it's the wearing out that bothers me as I very rarely break a blade. I used to pride myself on how long a blade would last, but I'm going through them like the clappers now as I get bored with getting nowhere.

Awesome research, George!

FWIW, 12 packs of the laser gold come in at $33. Not sure what their international P&P is but if it's as good as Otto Frei, might be worth buying in bulk.

I'd certainly be interested in trying some of the laser gold Liz as I'm fed up with changing blunt blades.

well I now have an account and P&P is $17, so in total for 12 packs of 12 it's $50. That price is for number 6 blades (those are the only ones I use at the moment).

Number 1 blades are $27 per gross.
    8/0 are $38 per gross.

I'll put an order in in a few weeks. I still have quite a few of number 6s left.

Impressive bit of research.
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by medusa View Post
    well I now have an account and P&P is $17, so in total for 12 packs of 12 it's $50. That price is for number 6 blades (those are the only ones I use at the moment).

Number 1 blades are $27 per gross.
    8/0 are $38 per gross.

I'll put an order in in a few weeks. I still have quite a few of number 6s left.
    Just had a look too. Can at least get multiple packs for the same postage which makes it more economical. Shame so little can be ordered without attracting customs duty. And if they're made in Germany, why aren't they available from the EU?

If you contact them, you can get the p&p for a lot less if it's just saw blades and they ship them regular airmail (USPS). Usually takes about 10 days. Whether you get through customs is a bit hit and miss, but I seem to have more luck with smaller packages.

I bought a selection pack for some random sizes and fine blades because they're my most used and didn't get caught

I have found the Glardon Vallorbe website in Switzerland and sent them a note to ask if they have changed their manufacturing process as the blades seem to be breaking quickly. I wonder if like James suggested that it is a different manufacturer, but as they come from that area have picked up on the name and decided to make a killing on it. Alibaba on the internet sell Glardon Vallorbe, but they are based in China so................... wonder if Cooksons have been duped.
    Has anyone bought Vallorbe blades from anyone other than Cooksons??????
    Since posting this I have looked at Suttons site, what they advertise as Swiss sawblades are according to the picture Glardon Vallorbe, not just Vallorbe. I have ordered some, so I will let you know how I get on.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldsmith View Post
    I am wondering if the blades sold called Vallorbe are the same as the ones I have. My blades are actually labelled Glardon Vallorbe Super 2-0 etc. I am still using blades that I bought many years ago because I bought them in bulk from Eternal Tools when they stocked them (I bought 10 gross of each size I use) .I have not bought any of the Cookson's Vallorbe blades, are they the same as the Glardon blades? I say this as Vallorbe is an area in Switzerland and not just a company who makes saw blades. This is a pack of my Glardon Vallorbe blades.

Attachment 6089
    James
    Last edited by Patstone; 10-05-2014 at 06:10 AM.

Good bit of sleuthing Pat. Those on Suttons do look genuine. Come to think of it, the Cookies ones don't come in a packet these days, just in a plastic bag. They probably are knock-offs. Maybe Rob could look into it for us.

Quote Originally Posted by susieq View Post
    Just had a look too. Can at least get multiple packs for the same postage which makes it more economical. Shame so little can be ordered without attracting customs duty. And if they're made in Germany, why aren't they available from the EU?
    if they are made in germany why would we need to pay import? I didn't see the mixed packs. I might get one of those plus a load of 6s.