Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Saw blades

Same as so many things - they're only made for the US and only available there. I think these are exclusive to RG It makes me SO cross that we can't just buy stuff in Europe, but it would seem we're too small to be worth bothering with.

Mixed packs: http://www.riogrande.com/Product/Las...r/110314?Pos=3 and
    http://www.riogrande.com/Product/Las...t/110327?Pos=2

I also bought extra 8/0 and 6/0 as these are my most used blades. I'll get more in other sizes when I've blunted all my existing stock, which probably won't take long! I haven't tried the heavier blades on steel yet, but from what I hear, they're a viable alternative to platinum king.

Glad to hear this is the same for others, just recently I've had just that, the new blades going blunt almost straight away - very annoying!!

I shall get some from Rio next time... Thanks George for the effort!

Carin
    Carin Lindberg

Camali Design
    www.camalidesign.com

I don't know whether this is of interest to anyone, but the guy at Samuel Findings has just told me that they are selling "original" Vallorbe blades.
    He seemed very convinced, so it might be worth checking it out?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucie View Post
    I don't know whether this is of interest to anyone, but the guy at Samuel Findings has just told me that they are selling "original" Vallorbe blades.
    He seemed very convinced, so it might be worth checking it out?
    If the photo of the blade boxes on their website is correct, they are the same blades I have used for many years, but I couldn't find the price for them on their site, did the guy give you a price?

No, I just phoned up to ask them whether the ones they were selling were originals or the "new" versions. He was really singing their praises though.
    I'm going to give them a call later about some other bits, so I'll let you know.

Well I never! One simple request and just look at all the replies. Really impressive! This is quite a “club”. Thank you all for your input.
    David.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ruedeleglise View Post
    Well I never! One simple request and just look at all the replies. Really impressive! This is quite a “club”. Thank you all for your input.
    David.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I feel as if I’m in back to the future or 2014! Have to wonder how much off it is valid now given the changes in trading