Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Death of an old friend...Photoshop CS...what now?

Default Death of an old friend...Photoshop CS...what now?

So, today the inevitable happened, my ever so faithful Photoshop CS (not even a legal version) of about 10 years has today opted to give up the ghost. I know Photoshop has moved on in the past few years, so rather than shell out 600 Euros on photoshop or rent for 60 Euros per month...which photo editing software do you use...and recommend?

Cheers
    Les
    Poor old Les

You can actually still get (free) an unsupported copy of CS2 from adobe, or various other sites. As a piece of legacy software, they decided it was better to just give it away than deal with the huge number of pirated copies around.

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/36...oshop-cs2.html

I moved up to a full cs6 on an educational licence (I have a school age child), but I can't say I find it a big improvement over CS2. I still prefer photoshop to anything else for editing.

CS2 George, sounds modern, is it in colour?
    Thanks for the link, I will check it out.

Les

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    You can actually still get (free) an unsupported copy of CS2 from adobe, or various other sites. As a piece of legacy software, they decided it was better to just give it away than deal with the huge number of pirated copies around.

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/36...oshop-cs2.html

I moved up to a full cs6 on an educational licence (I have a school age child), but I can't say I find it a big improvement over CS2. I still prefer photoshop to anything else for editing.
    Poor old Les

CS2 is less than 10 years old, and the only real difference is it doesn't have the poncy 'content aware' stuff now available. Which is completely unnecessary if you just need a great photo editing tool.

Well CS was brought out in 2003 so in tech terms it was ancient...
    Poor old Les

I'm a bit stuck too. I have Photoshop on a DVD but unfortunately my new Mac laptop doesn't have a DVD player.

Same answer Carole. It's a downloadable version.

Thanks for that tip-off George about the downloadable Photoshop. When I changed PC's I couldn't find the details of my product key so never got around to reloading it, so it's good to see they have made it freeware and the link gives the product key needed to activate the installation. Installing on my PC as I type
    Kym

I'm hoping for world peace but I'd also like something shiny as well...

www.kymbigwood.com

I have Photoshop CS5, but do most of my photo editing using Lightroom (I think I have 4.2?).

I'm sure if I knew how to use Photoshop properly it would be marvellous, but I don't have time to learn and Lightroom is easy peasy!

I use (a paid for) Photoshop Elements and it does everything I need so never wanted the extra functionality in CS.
    Elaine at Mead Moon
    Mead Moon
    My Etsy shop