Thread: Oxfordshire art weeks

Default Oxfordshire art weeks

Not sure where to post this so I'll stick it here.
    Obviously may not be relevant to everyone, but here goes.
    Just finished day two of three of the first bit of artweek fest.

see here

Generally very nice, not much in the way of jewellery in the South, (quite a lot of bead assembly type work), but there is more in the next couple of weeks when the Oxford city and North Oxford artweeks open.
    Still not been to JASSO this year yet but I'll get there later in the week.
    Also enjoy the glass and felt stuff. Something for everyone and tea and cakes as well.
    The nice thing is the makers are there and happy to talk about their work.

Oops - just seen CJ57's post and realised there is a shows and events category.
    Are you able to move this please Peter?
    The Oxford artweeks thing sounds very similar to the Fife open studios - but without the deep fried mars bars :-)
    I hope the wife doesn't see that, she's from St Andrews.

Deep fried Mars bars are more of a West coast thing (or at least they used to be). A pudding supper from the Philly on GWR was an occasional treat when I was growing up....

Done!

I'm afraid we don't do deep fried Mars bars here and your wife should give you a slap Sian is also from that area so you'd better watch out, there are incognito Scots on here and we may just keep you over the border come Sept having decided enough is enough

The bad Scottish diet is a bit like all Irishmen are thick :/

Wonder if it's still there Peter?

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    The bad Scottish diet is a bit like all Irishmen are thick :/
    Yebbut, if you put a full Scottish breakfast side by side with a full English, the full English is definitely the low-cal option. Does contribute to the stereotype!
    (Is there a full Irish and a full Welsh breakfast, and what are they?)

Dammit, now I want lorne. And laver bread.
    And Scotch pies. The ones you see down here are underseasoned.

Wonder if it's still there Peter?
    Google says it is. First place I ever saw deep-fried frozen pizza; never tried it.

I suppose it may just have been for effect for the tourists, but I was up in Edinburgh a month or so ago visiting family, and I think it was out Gullane/ North Berwick way, that a chip shop had deep fried cadburys cream eggs, I kid you not!!!!
    We're hoping to retire to Perthshire in 6 -7 years, assuming it doesn't do anything daft Independence wise :-)
    As for ICE, it's just another 'nice to have', it is used by hospitals when contacting people, they can just ask the owner the unlock code in 90% of cases and it saves having to root through 5 different 'Julies' or whatever. In this day and age, people are far less likely to know peoples telephone numbers, they just know it's in their phone.

Edit - got it wrong, just been told the chip shop was in Dunkeld :-)
    Last edited by trialuser; 05-05-2014 at 09:39 AM.