Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Website!

Looks really professional Works great on my Dolphin browser. My only comment would be to perhaps include a link on the mobile site to direct you to the full site.
    The mobile one works well and looks good, but some people just prefer to see the full site. I've got my phone set to automatically redirect me.

Delivery times are my own personal nightmare I've always had to have 6 weeks from order to delivery, so I can understand where you're coming from. Everything I make is "made to order" & has to be sent off to be cast; back to me; sent off to be hallmarked, etc, etc. It gives me wiggle room just for those occasions where I get a bad casting through no fault of my own & saves me having to offer apologetic discount because pieces are late.
    Would love to know if anyone has a better way to do this.

I think if people are happy to wait for their items that's fine. A lot depends on the value of the piece. If it's a stock item costing less than say £50, I'd expect to get it quickly. If it's a one-off commission that costs a lot more, then I'd be prepared to wait.

Most of my stuff are stock items but people ordering engagement rings will have to wait.

If something is relatively cheap you should be able to stock a few ready?
    Expensive things you don't want to lay out for upfront are ok for waiting times.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Lucie, totally undertand re the delivery timescale, my items aren't cast but that is something I am wanting to do later down the line. I can imagine with having to send an item away 2 or 3 times to be cast, then hallmarked etc, can be quite time consuming. I think for different markets, acceptable delivery times will vary quite a bit. Im going to look into my delivery times again, and maybe for the simpler, easier to make, less costly items, reduce the delivery time to 2 weeks. Thanks all for your comments so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucie View Post
    Looks really professional Works great on my Dolphin browser. My only comment would be to perhaps include a link on the mobile site to direct you to the full site.
    The mobile one works well and looks good, but some people just prefer to see the full site. I've got my phone set to automatically redirect me.

Delivery times are my own personal nightmare I've always had to have 6 weeks from order to delivery, so I can understand where you're coming from. Everything I make is "made to order" & has to be sent off to be cast; back to me; sent off to be hallmarked, etc, etc. It gives me wiggle room just for those occasions where I get a bad casting through no fault of my own & saves me having to offer apologetic discount because pieces are late.
    Would love to know if anyone has a better way to do this.