Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Card Machines

Hi Carole, i have just ordered a Worldpay machine from PC World, ordered it yesterday and it is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Lydia is correct in what she says, the machine is purchased at £59.99 incl VAT. and ther transaction fee as far as i can tell is 2.75%. I didnt realise it at the time of signing up to Elavon but the machine was hired not purchased, and I was told at the time of hiring that phone transactions could not be done, it had to be person to person, yesterday they told me that I could have done phone transactions but the machine has to be programmed for it, which they could do over the phone. They have since offered me a "keyboard" free, where I pay just the transaction fees, but the keyboard isnt wireless, or 3G, not much good if you are in a craft fair in the middle of a field.
    Last edited by Patstone; 01-05-2014 at 06:10 PM.

Thanks ver so much for the information and tip about worldpay zinc. I've had a chip n pin machine contract for about 6 years but I don't use it enough now to justify the rental cost and was looking for another option. Worldpay zinc looks ideal for the number of transactions that I now process. Just signed up and ordered my machine from PC World too. I had a discount link for £10 off if I purchased from Worldpay but it looks like their RRP is £79.99 so even with the discount, PC world is cheaper. I'll give it a trial run for a couple of months before finishing my other contract, but if this works well then it will save me about £200 a year. Result!
    Kym

I'm hoping for world peace but I'd also like something shiny as well...

www.kymbigwood.com