Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scoring on wire?

Default Scoring on wire?

I bought some 5 x 1.7 silver wire and it has a deep scoring down one side of it. I've never had this before and it's proving a pain to file and polish out. Have I just been lucky in the past to get unblemished wire or did I get a rubbish batch?

sounds like a rubbish batch Liz!! I wouldn't expect any scoring on purchased wire!!

I'd say a rubbish batch Liz, I've seen it on drawn wire if you're pulling it down from a large size and sometimes there is a line down the edge of cookies oval wire now that I think of it

I bought some 6 x 1.2 reflections wire quite a while back and only opened it up recently. It too has quite a deep score line along the length of it, about 2mm in from the edge. If I hadn't cut two lengths off to make bangles I would have returned it. I can sympathise as it does take ages to file out, far longer than the depth of the score would suggest.

Susie

ugh, I've also cut off a length as well so can't return it. didn't notice it until after cutting and then I hoped it was just superficial. Wish I hadn't bought so much of it now Will be sure to check in future.

Of course you can return it. It's faulty. Even if you didn't have consumer law on your side any reputable company would replace or refund 'quicksmart' to protect their reputation
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

I would have thought you could still return it too, as Pearlesence says, it is faulty.......also, I don't think that it's unreasonable that you tried to work with it and having done so and found it to be more of a problem than you expected, you wish to have it replaced.....adds to your case I would have thought!!

Another one who you've got a duff batch, Liz. If there's no chance of returning it (though you should be able to) - anyway of incorporating the scoring into a 'purposeful' design?
    Indi

hmmm would cookies accept a return if I've used a ¼ of it? Maybe a partial return? Maybe someone from CS can chime in?

Quote Originally Posted by surfergirl View Post
    Another one who you've got a duff batch, Liz. If there's no chance of returning it (though you should be able to) - anyway of incorporating the scoring into a 'purposeful' design?
    it's on the inside in that the wire naturally curls into a circle. Although if the scoring were on the outside it would be easier to file and polish out or like you say I could incorporate a design into it. Thing is everybody wants super high polish and flat surfaces (which I think are boring, but hey ho…)