Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: If it says "Fordom" it's not a Foredom.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    632

    Default If it says "Fordom" it's not a Foredom.

    I saw this on Ebay and wondered whether others have seen these impostors for sale on the web. It had me fooled for a moment.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Exeter, Devon
    Posts
    1,783

    Default

    Yes I noticed that the "E" was missing, if you didnt know the correct spelling you could be fooled until you got down to the sellers address!!!!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    886

    Default

    Ooooh, sneaky buggers!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurarius View Post
    I saw this on Ebay and wondered whether others have seen these impostors for sale on the web. It had me fooled for a moment.
    I'm not sure if it's the same company as the one I got mine from back in 2011. I know the guy moved to Honk Kong and changed names and actually, the images of some of the things he's listing look the same, but I wrote about it here: http://www.larsandingrid.co.uk/forum...ghlight=fordom

    My Fordom was/is the real deal and is still happily chugging away. Definitely one of my top purchases.
    Indi

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by surfergirl View Post
    I'm not sure if it's the same company as the one I got mine from back in 2011. I know the guy moved to Honk Kong and changed names and actually, the images of some of the things he's listing look the same, but I wrote about it here: http://www.larsandingrid.co.uk/forum...ghlight=fordom

    My Fordom was/is the real deal and is still happily chugging away. Definitely one of my top purchases.
    Thanks for the info.
    I wonder what's going on then. Unless my eyes deceive me, the machine pictured on the Ebay listing says "Fordom" on it. I can't work out how this can be the genuine article, but then again if it's not the genuine article I can't work out how they get away with using the name. Maybe though the very fact that it does say "Fordom" and not "Foredom" means that it's not purporting to be anything other than a copy but it's not illegal to sell it because the brand name is different.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    cotswolds
    Posts
    3,272

    Default

    This seller used to be based in the Middle East, and sold a lot of good value but genuine stuff. Most of what he has now (since moving to Hong Kong) seems to be Chinese copies of big brand equipment. The Chinese sellers have no qualms at all about putting 'real' names on things - in fact they seem to be very proud of their fakes.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    The Chinese sellers have no qualms at all about putting 'real' names on things - in fact they seem to be very proud of their fakes.
    Yes, a Chinese acquaintance of mine (now returned to her country of origin) sold fake Louis Vuitton stuff on Ebay for a while from a UK address. She seemed genuinely miffed when her activities were clamped down on.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •