Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Hi from Deepest Darkest Dorset!

Hi Tabby

Onu (pronounced OH-noo) is our daughters nick name. Her name is Iona but our then 23mth old son couldn't say it & exclaimed "Onu!' when he first saw her! They are now 16 & 14 and she is still called Onu 😊. I wanted a name that brought both of them into it and as she is already showing a keen interest, turning up in my workroom & asking if she can help, I thought it appropriate so ONU Silver Design was born.

Thank you for your kind words about my work. I love doing the etched pieces & spend up to 4 days doodling/zentangling designs to be etched onto sheet then cut. Earrings are waiting to be photographed too. The peacock feather should have a price on it as it is for sale, tho being assayed atm. Love them, have a tattoo of one wrapped around my forearm & wrist.

Sorry, long answer!

Mx

Mel @ www.onusilver.co.uk

Lovely jewellery Mel, you have nothing to be worried about! And this is the perfect place to move on and learn new stuff too. I have only just registered but was on another forum before where a lot of the peeps here were on too. Great community and you are right, people are very generous with advice and encouragement!

Carin
    Carin Lindberg

Camali Design
    www.camalidesign.com

That is so kind of you to say Carin, thank you. I can't believe how much I've learned already just from looking on here. I feel honoured to be allowed to 'join a club' that has jewellers such as yourself in it as I've seen your work and love it, I've hinted heavily to my hubby about my deep need for one of your cowparsley cuffs. He's normally quite good at following hints/orders 😉

Mel

Thanks Mel! Well, if you point him in my directiion and tell him to say he is Mel's hubby then I'm sure we can sort out a little discount!

Carin
    Carin Lindberg

Camali Design
    www.camalidesign.com

Hi Mel, like Peter my first thought was OMG fancy calling herself that, but one of my best friends is disabled too, she was in a Land Rover serving in the Army and it skid off the road and down an embankment and her leg bent the wrong way from the knee when she ended up in the passenger footwell, obviously did untold damage to her hip as well as her knee, so she is plated just about all down one side, and in callipers. As for me, well I lost an eye in a cataract operation that went wrong about 4 years ago, and decided in an act of bravado just after that I could do jewellery and it doesnt matter how small the stones are!!!!! Well the smallest stones I have set was a 1mm diamond in the end of a 1.50mm wire (six times) although one since has fallen out, so I have to do that one again, the ring was for me anyway and I love it because its the knowledge that if you put your mind to it you can do anything just about. Keep up your fighting spirit, and go for it girl.

Hi Pat (?)
    What an awful accident, that's terrible. Like her I have my share of nuts, bolts & plates. The truck was a fixed-bed rig, so not articulated & I was under the front near side wheel with the engine turned off. I've lost most of the quad muscles in my left leg so basically the front & outside of my thigh, my left glutes are shot to **** & my pelvis was crushed & parts of my vertebrae snapped off. So 24 operations on I walk with a crutch/es and use a wheelchair for long days out. That said, I can't sit for long, so I often find my time at the bench curtailed just when something is going right! I never thought that keeping fit by cycling to yoga could be so bad for ones health, but that's London for you. I can't wear footwear without a heel (foot drop due to hospital negligence while suffering from MRSA) so I strap on 5" heels, lippy and a smile. Then you have also had a traumatic experience while in Doctor's care. I can't imagine even finding a 1mm stone on my bench, never mind setting it! That's way beyond my skills. It's amazing how bloody minded one becomes when told we shouldn't be able to do something isn't it? Stay stubborn, you've much to be proud of x

Mel

Quote Originally Posted by Cripple in Heels View Post
    Hi Tabby

Onu (pronounced OH-noo) is our daughters nick name. Her name is Iona but our then 23mth old son couldn't say it & exclaimed "Onu!' when he first saw her! They are now 16 & 14 and she is still called Onu ��. I wanted a name that brought both of them into it and as she is already showing a keen interest, turning up in my workroom & asking if she can help, I thought it appropriate so ONU Silver Design was born.

Mel @ www.onusilver.co.uk
    I love it Mel and so nice that your daughter is interested too

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130205_075630.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	6037Wow thats a bit of a conversation stopper. Not showing off of course, but this is the ring I was talking about, yes hell I am showing off !!!!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130110_185837.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	6036

Welcome, Mel! You certainly are a get on with it kinda gal - so positive You username didn't offend me at all - I've found everyone here so friendly and welcoming - great to have you on board
    Indi