Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hi from Deepest Darkest Dorset!

Hi Mel and welcome from me. I did a class with the Marshalls last year and had a fab time. We stayed in the lovely Milton Abbas pub which was a great experience.

Hi Mel,
    I look forwards to your 5th post and to you being able to post the link to your website,......finding silver was the salvation for my health!! Welcome to the forum, it's a great bunch of folk on here!!
    xx

Wow, what a welcome! Thank you all so much, I'd been really I nervous about saying Hi to you all but now wish I'd popped up months ago! I'd used the forum surreptitiously & always found some piece of advice that helped me.

Now I'm nervous about you all seeing my work. Several of you are jewellers who I look up to, who inspire me & so to show you my trinkets & baubles.......... oh help!

Peter, I had a totally different image in my head when you said you'd been crippled by heels, but I'm gonna keep that version as it's a corker!

Caroline, they are great aren't they? Flux 'n' Flame is only 15 minutes away from me so I count myself very lucky.

Tabby66, I look forward to getting to know you. Sounds like we both owe silver more than most.

Sorry, no idea how to insert quotes so that it is clear what I'm replying to. Thank you all again, I feel very welcome ��

Hi Mel. A belated "nice to meet you" from me
    Lots of lovely people here to help maintain your sanity (or may be that's just me). x

Another belated welcome from me too Mel. Don't worry about showing us pics of your work; its just to get a feel of what inspires you, what metals you like working with, rather than a critique of how you make things. We are fortunate that we have many members here who have been working in the business for many years and some who have recently started, but they all offer help, inspiration, advice and lots of tips.
    Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Petal View Post
    Another belated welcome from me too Mel. Don't worry about showing us pics of your work; its just to get a feel of what inspires you, what metals you like working with, rather than a critique of how you make things. We are fortunate that we have many members here who have been working in the business for many years and some who have recently started, but they all offer help, inspiration, advice and lots of tips.

Mel @ www.onusilver.co.uk

Thank you Lucie & Petal. Having dipped into the forum seeking answers I've seen how open people are about sharing knowledge along with some obvious friendships. I find it inspiring and heart warming to find that jewellers are so selfless in that way. I will share my work, I just get really nervous, same as when I give a client their piece, I'm waiting for them to say "that's crap! Stop making jewellery immediately!" Lol

Default Hi from Deepest Darkest Dorset!

Oops, not got the hang of this inserting text yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Cripple in Heels View Post
    I just get really nervous, same as when I give a client their piece, I'm waiting for them to say "that's crap! Stop making jewellery immediately!" Lol

That never changes Mel......I expect them to say, eerrrm, that's not what I expected, that isn't how you described it, if only it was......To a point when you get return custom, my immediate thought is, oh,no,...what's gone wrong with the piece they'd already purchased.....talking to others, including some who've been in the business for years, that moment of hand-over (particularly of a commissioned piece), is always one for nerves!!

Just taken a look at your website Mel

Where does the name ONUsilver come from?? I love your work, especially the etched pieces, that peacock feather is particularly nice!!

Tabby xx